Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCL investigation After Year review. HELP ME!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL investigation After Year review. HELP ME!

Judge ask OCL to investigate after one year review.

I had three kids in my sole custody then Judge requested to OCL to decide. Last year OCL involved and they did report that Mom going to have the sole custody and no way to give share custody. Then 20 min later they gave me a consent to sign as I am going to have the JOINT Custody and three days sleep overnight for kids. I did not read it properly and signed. there is the word they add after review one year.

What is going to happen now?
    I really want to keep my joint custody?
    I want to kids more than 3 days a week?
    How do I make it happen?
    I went to court last friday and they wrote an other consent about child support and spousal support but they add the word indexed i did not read it properly.
    Access Time narrowed as well? very trickly by the other lawyer?

Help me please.

Did you have a lawyer? If you do not read the orders carefully before signing them, then there is nothing we can do to help you. There is no magic wand to get you what you want.

It is possible to argue against the OCL; they are not gods, they make many mistakes. There is no way to advise you without knowing what the issues were, what arguments your ex made, how the report read, what were the inaccuracies, why did you have the children full time for a year.

3 overnights a week is still within 60/40 and you have joint custody. If you are both decent parents then this is in the children's best interest and is difficult to argue against. It seems the judge did not go 100% with the OCL recommendation.

Be the best parent you can be for the next year, stay fully involved with your children and their schooling and medical and dental appointments, play with them, read to them, do projects with them, watch cartoons with them, teach them to cook dinner with you, have their friends over for playdates and get to know the other parents. That is what works.

Comment

I have the lawyer. But when we signed the consent other lawyer took out of the court and I suspect she add something. then she gave to the Judge.

Sep 2005, I went to Sri Lanka and married this girl. June 2006 She came to Canada, she went to ESL classes in day time. My family and my parents my brother's family all kive together. We have no issues until my x-wife aunt came to Canada for visit. She brian wash her told her why you live with the whole family if you are out with kids and live alone you can control everything. My x-wife told me about this, I asked her are you happy to live with the whole family she said I have no issues. One day after school she went to the police station and told them I don't want to go home. My wife left me and the kids aug 2011 then no words from her. I called the police same day of missing. they told me she is in the shelter. after 6 moths i received the court order. I had the kids for whole 8 months. After OCL involed they decided mother have the sole custody then gave me joint custody with one year review.
      Feb 01, Went to court signed other consent.Child support and spousal support. Judge ordered OCL for review and asked both parties to fill out the intake form.
      I am scared of what is going to happen?
      How do I prepare for the OCL review?
      I need more access time? (now fri to mon alternate weekend + tues to wed alternate.)
      Is it posible that I can get sole custody of my kids(Three girl twins 6 years and 3years)?
      I really need your advise

I am scared of what

Comment

I totally understand that kids need both parents.I am happy with Joint Custody.
        I am scared of the OCL because last time they said mother got the sole custody 10min later they gave me the consent to joint custody. Year after review. Now Judge order for OCL review? What is going to happen? I can't lose my joint custody. I love to have shared custody.

Gus

Comment

No one can tell you "what will happen."

Listen to what Mess has posted above and follow his very good advice on how to get involved with your children over the next year.

You appear to have a real fear of something not going your way. If the OCL recommended sole custody to the other parent, there must have been some reason to sway them in that direction. But you have been awarded "Joint" custody right now and have some regular access to the girls? What exactly are you afraid of?

Comment

I have Joint custody and I have access every week tuesday to wednesday, and friday to sat /sun2pm. Now at the court consent was written by both lawyers that I have temp access to alternative weekend fri to monday, and alternative tuesday to wednesday. But these will change after the OCL report.
            I am scared other lawyer may play badly to lose my access or custody.

Comment

After me and my lowyer signed other party lawyer took the consent out for 10 min. didnot make a copy and say that copier wasn't clear.
              This oposite lawyer She will do anything to harm the MAN.

Comment

OCL review is just that. A review of the already in place agreement/order.

Do not be afraid. Make sure the OCL person knows that you love your children. That you do your best for your children. If you are a parent that has no violent issues or something like a crime in your past, or maybe drugs than you should be okay. There needs to be a really good reason for them to take access away.

If you a a reasonable person who simply loves their children I doubt the access schedule you have already will be changed.

Comment

At the end of the day the OCL is simply a recommendation.
                  Once you have your disclosure meeting, do nothing until they actually put the recommendation in writting in their OCL report.
                  At that point you can start disputing the report.

Do not ever dispute the report at a disclosure meeting, if you do they will put in the final report what happened at the disclosure meeting and once again turn it against you. This goes for everyone not just fathers.

The final report "writting affdiavit" is what you are waiting for.
                  At the disclosure meeting simply listen, take notes, thank the OCL assessor for her / his hard work, ask when the final report will be filed. Then wait.

Comment

Originally posted by mnadarasah View Post
                    After me and my lowyer signed other party lawyer took the consent out for 10 min. didnot make a copy and say that copier wasn't clear.
                    This oposite lawyer She will do anything to harm the MAN.
                    I think you are missing a very important fact/detail??? Thatopposite lawyer as far as you describe, she is doing for her client as you should expect. You are ok to be nervous, lots at stake for a long time but do not confuse nervous and fear. Do what you need to boost your chances for sucess!! Do not knock her down to show all around you that you plan on being the best dad you know how. What steps can you take in the meantime? (you read here many who take parenting classes and more who go to great lengths to build up the best parenting plan - all things that have the children as the focus and what contribution you are willing to make for the sole benefit of the kids.......

Comment

Now we have to fillout the intake form to submit to OCL.
                      I want to ask for Tuesday to Wednesday everyweek(which I had then other party lawyer reduced it by two times a week)
                      Friday to Monday alternative week. they gave me. But I aslo need friday evening to sat 2pm.
                      I want to keep the joint custody.

What should I do?
                      My wife take the kids from daycare and keep the kids in home. They are not have any extra activities. If I have them for all weekend then I will take more classes.

Need your advise?

Comment

I am not authority by far....... (not at all as my kids are all of age so these issues are not relevent in our case) If you do a search on access here you will learn alot to help you; ere the "lowest access I read is EOW or every other weekend, which is what "they gave you"???? As far as I can see, your ex has no right to give you anything or especially, your ex has no right to take anything away from you either!! You either agree to what (can I call it a bunch of S--t they are shoveling you in the hopes you buy into it, accept what your ex is doing) or you fight for your access and equal parenting.

Remember, you do not take any legal advice or similar from your ex or your ex's lawyer - both of which do not have any interest in your rights for equal access as you say here. The only legal way to have your access limited is through a court order/ruling. Is there any reason why you should accept anything less than an equal parenting role??
                        Last edited by ddol1; 02-05-2013, 08:48 PM.

Comment

What I had is Tuesday to Wednesday and Friday to sun2pm
                          Now I went to the case confernce and both lawyers agreed this but I told my lawyer I need every weekend and tuesday to wednesday. My lawyer said Judge will not aprove that we have to ask something look good for the Judge Eye. I was not agree on that. I want what I ask for and let the Judge decide. My lawyer did not agreed that and she went to other party lawyer asked for althernative weekend friday to monday and I foced to add alternative tuesday and fri to sat2pm (my lawyer add the word swimming class for sat morning) When we went for case conference Judge decide Mother will take her for swimming and I can have alternative fri to mon and alternative tuesday others will decided by OCL.
                          Now we have to fill out the OCL intake form Can I ask for more access?
                          I have the joint custody now, Is OCL will change that?
                          How to make OCL happy on my site?
                          I want more access like 50|50 because my three kids love my Parents and My Brothers kids live to gether as a big family. Kids love that, because when they went to Mom's house they have no fun and just stay in the house.
                          Also they complain that Mother hit the 3 years old girl and she cry for "DAD".
                          Also, Twins girls she lock them in the room and turn off the light. They was scared of the dark now. I told them tell your teacher about this. They are scared. This morning I went to the daycare and she did not dress properly for them and their hair did not clean. Me and my mom took them to the swimming and took a while to fix their hair. Other party lawyer is very good and she made my two lawyers quit the job. She complained them to the law society in the begining. She always gave my lawyer very hard time. call them after hours. send them fax after fax for nothing.
                          I changed three lawyers so far. Spend lots of money. Now I have to pay life long for spousal support $250 and other party lawyer add the word INDEXED which I don't understand the meaning and my lawyer never explain to me.
                          I am paying child support $857/month. My x-wife did not treat my kids properly took them to the causin house and sleep over on the floor with the kids next day thay have carpet bits. First time she had the kids three years old had a breathing issue I took her to the emergency and they said she have Nimonia stayed at the hosital for two days. X-Wife came and spend the night with us. next day after her lawyer called she just left, don't even say bye to the kid.

Comment

Can I ask for Joint Custody and 50|50 access in the OCL intake form?
                            My lawyer says I can only ask what on the consent. which is I am agreed.
                            Should I listen to my lawyer or I fill out the form what ever I want resonable.

2011 I had the sole custody
                            2012 OCL involved I got Joint Custody with limited access
                            60(for her)|40(me).
                            Now they changed to alternate weekend plus alternative tuesday?
                            I want more access? how to get it?
                            keep the joint custody.

Gus

Comment

you answer the questions truthfully.

do not blame the MOM.

Explain the good things you and the kids do together.

Explain why if they were not able to do it with you as often, how it would really hurt the children.

It is just a form to fill out. Be honest, and ask for a interpreter if you want.

In fact... Ask for an interpreter.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X