Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you really had nothing settled by your case conference then Clean? My ex isn't going to cooperate with anything unless he has complete control. I think forgoing collaborative is probably for the best. Thanks for the tip Clean. A judge really said the kids need one desk? Get a foldable one, problem solved. I've got some awsome friends who have been dragging me out of the house on my days without the kids. You got to get your own life back every once and awhile.

Comment

Only order made was to increase my child support payment relative to the income i've always been claiming, instead of the 2010 tax return (i got a new job). Yay...

The new lawyer (who is also a collaborative law lawyer) said that everything that happened prior to her is history. So much for her "ethics" for progress. So every agreement we had in our 4 way meetings was nul.

Comment

OMG so they only addressed child support! That's awful. I don't get any at the moment, but I also don't care. I'd rather have the custody settled.

So you make progress then it's just gone? Yeah, I think I'll skip collaborative for sure. That's some great advice.

Thanks
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy123 View Post
          So my lawyer has just informed me my ex has hired a very high conflict lawyer. (in a round about way of course) She's basically told me this is probably going to take 18 months to settle. Ehhhh court application being filed on Monday. I wanted to wait until after the visit with the kids before the ex get's served. I want to spare the children the drama and at least he'll get 48hrs of cooling off time before he has the kids again. I don't really know what to expect from here. Lawyer mentioned the first case conference we could ask what they think should be decided and use this for negotiations. Anyone ever do this before? Or are two high conflict people just going to keep bleeding me dry? Arf! Family court blows! Not that I've dealt with crimal court either, I'm sure it sucks just as bad!
          I highly recommend you start reading William Eddy. Furthermore, you should give copies of Mr. Eddy's books to your solicitor. "High Conflict People in Legal Disputes" is excellent reading.

Negative Advocate Solicitors - Google it. If the solicitor is known by professionals to conduct themselves this way... Be prepared and most importantly BE EDUCATED.

Good Luck!
          Tayken

Comment

Custody/access temporary orders can't be made in case conferences, unless both parties agree to it...

Don't expect much from a case conf...

Comment

Originally posted by Clean View Post
              Custody/access temporary orders can't be made in case conferences, unless both parties agree to it...

Don't expect much from a case conf...
              Other than an order for matters to be heard on motion.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X