No announcement yet.

Would you get married again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't answer the question of "Would I get married again" as I was never married to my D9's mom. We were together on and off over a period of 2-3 years, more on than off.

That said, I am married now. I met my wife about 8 years ago and we've been married for 3 years. We met online on Lavalife. I dated a fair amount before her, online was great for meeting people. I didn't have a spreadsheet or anything, but I could filter through quickly who was or wasn't interested in.

Comment

So the question for you would be, would you marry again if you get divorced haha. The hardest part IMO is when you get really old and are left alone. Both my G-mothers, one passed away, lost their husbands earlier. The one that passed away, I remember her loneliness and sadness because of loneliness. The one that's still alive has said once "I wish my husband was alive, just to talk to him, just to have that morning coffee together, not to be alone". She is over 70.

Some people are luckier. They move in with family until death after the partner dies.
      Last edited by The Iceberg; 05-20-2015, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iceberg View Post
        So the question for you would be, would you marry again if you get divorced haha. The hardest part IMO is when you get really old and are left alone. Both my G-mothers, one passed away, lost their husbands earlier. The one that passed away, I remember her loneliness and sadness because of loneliness. The one that's still alive has said once "I wish my husband was alive, just to talk to him, just to have that morning coffee together, not to be alone". She is over 70.

Some people are luckier. They move in with family until death after the partner dies.

Some are luckier still, when family move back home due to unemployment lol ! I like to think of my son as my "boomerang boy' - he keeps coming back ....

Comment

A resounding yes !!

I was 20 when I got married, I grew up and matured more than my ex who wanted to relive her childhood in her mid 40's. I was not going along for the ride. No cheating scandals but I know that I value a long term forever relationship and have quite a bit to offer.

I have met a like minded individual who also valued a forever marriage and wants to work hard at making what we have work. She unfortunately has some baggage that does get in the way a bit but none the less we are on the path to happiness forever. So wonderful to be in love and supportive of one another. Being alone when you have many good years left is unfortunate - there's still compromise on both side but you have to be committed to make it work. We are in this for the long haul baby.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X