This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more fun with S7

A while ago, I posted a question about dubious S7 expenses the ex was trying to foist on me, and discovered I am not the only one with a creative ex. In case anyone's interested, here's the latest, shared here mainly for humour value, not because I have any real question about it:

Ex thinks I should pay S7 for haircuts (we have shared custody, both earn decent money, incomes in 53%/47% ratio). His email today informs me that he was willing to "forgive" my share of D7's haircuts while she was with him when the haircuts were $10 cheapo specials at the local barber, but now he wants her to get her hair cut at the same salon as her new stepsister, which in his view *clearly* raises it to the level of an extraordinary expense. In addition, according to his calculations she has had one haircut with me in 2012 while she has had three while with him, so I really should be paying 75%, not just 53%, of his total haircut expenditures.

I was poised to write back indignantly that his math doesn't work and besides, I took her for three haircuts last year, not one, when I thought "you know, I don't need to give this argument any more oxygen than it deserves".

He's a little fixated. At least he's dropped the bit about how I owe him 53% of the cost of a 2011 Halloween costume worn once at his block party.

You're right, the arguement has been had and deserves no further discussion.

If I were you, I'd reply back that, as per previous discussion, haircuts are NOT s.7 expenses and then end the conversation by not replying on this topic any further.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X