Bad behavior toward access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
    There are difficult people and then there are people who like to push another persons buttons.
    And there are people immersed in ignorance who have difficulty understanding that the court is governed only by the evidence.

Being said, I will not advance anything in front of the justice that is not supported by evidence. Now, I have it and I also have a text message from her stating that the order says "the father will pick up the kids" so she refuses to let them go with my gf. It does not say "only the father"...

This was not planned. My gf's appointment was done around 3h30 pm so she call me to let me know that she would pick up the kids on her way back at 4h00 pm so I didn't need to leave at the same moment. To refuse to let the kids go with my new partner, knowing that we've been spending more than two years together and the kids like her... this is more than unreasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by mafia007 View Post
      And there are people immersed in ignorance who have difficulty understanding that the court is governed only by the evidence.

Being said, I will not advance anything in front of the justice that is not supported by evidence. Now, I have it and I also have a text message from her stating that the order says "the father will pick up the kids" so she refuses to let them go with my gf. It does not say "only the father"...

This was not planned. My gf's appointment was done around 3h30 pm so she call me to let me know that she would pick up the kids on her way back at 4h00 pm so I didn't need to leave at the same moment. To refuse to let the kids go with my new partner, knowing that we've been spending more than two years together and the kids like her... this is more than unreasonable.

I am not siding with your ex but looking at your profile you have two teens and a 9 year old... while the teens may be able to make their own decisions the 9 year old cannot. Access should be set up between the parents. Your older teens should not be the ones relaying the messages to mom that someone else will be picking up the youngest child. Unless your order states that you can set up plans with the children directly, you should be letting mom know.

I think she is being unreasonable but I also think you went about this the wrong way. I do all pick ups for my step kids because I am off on Fridays and in the summer drop offs as well. However this is something set up with my husband and his ex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I send a message to my oldest song to let him know my gf was coming to do the pick up. As it was a last minute thing (not planned) the message was sent at time of pick up around 4h00 pm. Then, when he told my gf that his mother won't allow her to do the pick up, I forwarded a text message to my ex at 4h11 pm. I did not remember I did as I was told by her lawyer not to send her messages. But I did for good sake. It was very polite and direct to the point, only explaining the situation to accommodate and being logical. And I said "Thank you". She then replied to this text message.

Sorry, in my previous post, I thought she replied after I've sent a text message to my son but she did replied directly to my message. Of course, the best will be to ask in advance but logically, when something like this happen at the last minute and after explaining the situation the ex doesn't cooperate and still refuse, this is unreasonable. She knew all along that I was home and I would have 20 minutes of drive to do the pick up and then go back while my gf was already there. You see... while people think I am pushing the button... I must admit that my ex is standing on it all the time.

Good I did send a message to my ex. This is my evidence.

Comment

That's it. It doesn't matter who I choose (gf, my mom, my sister, my brother, new family members, friends) she will say no to any of them. Just the fact that they are members on my side of the family, she will not cooperate.

Like 90% of them, they are only playing difficile. The worst, it's not like she doesn't know my sibling and friends! She hates them because they are my side of the family.

It doesn't need to say "only" because it says "the father will pick up." Not 'the father will arrange for pick up.' According to your court order then, it MUST be you.

Yes, it would be lovely and harmonious if all exes were reasonable and could adapt and change things for convenience, but they are not. And for those who are unreasonable, which you obviously well know your ex is, there are iron-clad court orders to spell everything out. Unfortunately, this particular clause is not helping you get around her unreasonableness, it is helping her remain unreasonable. Follow it, or go to court to have it modified.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X