Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priorities

This is a pure rant and nothing else.

One of my posts was about S7 and two kids requiring multiple teeth pulled to prevent significant damage to adult teeth placement. My ex refused to help pay the huge upfront costs and still does.

The kids and he were just on the phone. I usually remove myself from ear shot but he insisted on calling while I was cooking dinner and the boys insisted on remaining in the living room, i.e. I do not listen in on their conversations. So, one of his hobbies is growing bonsai. I guess the heat is not good for them. He told the boys he and his wife had to call now because they were heading out to buy a new fridge to put the bonsai in. Not a kijiji fridge but brand spanking new.

Yup, I know where your priorities lie.

Rant over.

whadoyamean by "huge upfront costs" for tooth extraction?

Is this a quote from an oral surgeon?

Comment

Will the costs be covered by benefits? In other words, will you eventually be reimbursed for your large upfront costs?

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
        Will the costs be covered by benefits? In other words, will you eventually be reimbursed for your large upfront costs?

According to her last post it’s covered under his benefits and it looks like a request for coverage was sent in... but I guess the problem would be getting him to give that money back to her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Two kids requiring 13 teeth removed between them at $160 each. This has already been discussed in my post about him not helping with the huge upfront costs, claiming the extractions are not S7. This was just a rant at his skewed sense of priorities. Yet, I am the unfit mother who does not care about her children because I don't have $2100 to pay upfront. Ya, right. It was a fluke that I heard this conversation and I vented in a safe place. Won't help pay dental costs for our kids but buys a brand spanking new fridge for his bonsai? Yup, he's got his priorities straight.

Comment

Assuming that it is covered under his benefits, what will be the net cost?

If he does not refund the money he will receive you will have to go to court. I'm not sure if that would be family court or small claims court?

For my children, I had similar problems with my ex. I found a dentist that billed the insurance directly. Problem solved. I know you were not asking for solutions, you just wanted to rant, but that's what I did .

Comment

I face the same issue. My ex claims he has benefits for the kids. Refuses to disclose who they are with or a plan number. I send him receipts for him to either claim or pay his half of for medical and dental. He ignores. There seems to be no recourse for this kind of thing.

I believe my ex is ripping off insurance. As insurance would have no clue there is a primary plan in place already with my employment.

Comment

Mine claims to have sent a ltter to his provider saying I am committing insurance fraud. How I have managed to do that without my own provider escapes me .

Comment

Originally posted by cranberry View Post
                  Mine claims to have sent a ltter to his provider saying I am committing insurance fraud. How I have managed to do that without my own provider escapes me .

Wow just brutal. Sorry you experienced that. I don’t believe my ex or his gf have benefits. If they did why is it a secret and why haven’t they disclosed is as they were ordered to do so...

It kills me how crazy people are and how they continue to get a way with the deception. ;-(

Comment

I don't understand child support stuff regarding insurance payments for things such as dental.

I'd get an Order the other side has to pay their proportionate amount FORTHWITH. If they do or do not want to use insurance - does it matter? Bottom line - they pay their share. Then you request your legal costs and the other side hopefully smartens the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                      I don't understand child support stuff regarding insurance payments for things such as dental.

I'd get an Order the other side has to pay their proportionate amount FORTHWITH. If they do or do not want to use insurance - does it matter? Bottom line - they pay their share. Then you request your legal costs and the other side hopefully smartens the fuck up.

This is where it gets tricky. If the other side has full benefits they are being fraudulent by not paying the full amount they are reimbursed.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                        This is where it gets tricky. If the other side has full benefits they are being fraudulent by not paying the full amount they are reimbursed.

I’m not sure it would be fraudulent if they are only being reimbursed for their share... like if the appointment was $300 and they paid $150 and only got reimbursed $150 from insurance it’s not insurance fraud... may be against their order but not insurance fraud... now if they were being reimbursed $300 then yes I’d consider that fraud

Comment

Every year my ex has to provide me his complete tax return and NOA. Each and every year I know they are total bogus. sure it irks me that he gets away with this.

However, how he pays his taxes is not an issue with me much anymore (court is on to his game). He revealed himself several years ago with his "adjusted filings".

In this poster's case I can see that it would be nice to have ex cooperate. But he is a dick. I really wouldn't waste much time with this dude and instead look to the court for specific remedies. I assume that FRO can't collect this correct? Perhaps an order the the money be paid into court would help? I've seen that done with other matrimonial issues. Is it something that is feasible here?

IF that is something that is feasible then it might be okay to get the Order and then find another dentist who will work with you? I know dentists get burned by many in the child custody games - they are business people and I understand why they have the policies they do.
                          Last edited by arabian; 08-09-2019, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                            I’m not sure it would be fraudulent if they are only being reimbursed for their share... like if the appointment was $300 and they paid $150 and only got reimbursed $150 from insurance it’s not insurance fraud... may be against their order but not insurance fraud... now if they were being reimbursed $300 then yes I’d consider that fraud

What I am saying is my ex is paying nothing. I paid the money. Sent him the receipt for him to reimburse me from his so called insurance he has. Yet he isn’t giving me any of the money back I paid. After my insurance is already exhausted. He could very well be putting through the receipts I send him and keeping the money. Also receipts I have already put through my insurance. I always send him the receipt showing what insurance covers and what is remaining.

Comment

I pay for their dental visits and obviously it goes through his insurance. He refuses to sign up for direct deposit, so add a week to processing time. Even with snail mail taken into account, I do not see the reimbursement for months. The average wait has been 4 months. It never takes that amount of time to receive reimbursement for regular dental check ups, yet he insists that it does.

The other problem we have right now is that our 11 yr old court file has mysteriously disappeared and supposedly we cannot do anything until it is found or rebuilt. So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place until this particular blip is fixed.

The boys spoke with their dad again the other day; I went to my room as usual. After the call they excitedly told me that they are getting brand new leather furniture soon. Yet another example of where his priorities lie. Won't pay his portion of the tooth extractions but will buy a brand new fridge for his f-ing bonsai and now, supposedly new leather furniture.

Yes, he is a dick.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X