• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinkyface View Post
    Hold On, Not Done Accelerating Yet?

<just kidding>
    ouch.

Comment

Four wheel drive would be a must in Canada. A bigger car if you value your and your kids life. Not too big, except if your weenie is too small and you need to compensate. Mitsubishi has the best warranty. The new outlander has great size/price, if my car gave up now, I would buy that one.

Comment

I would have to say that after owning various makes and kinds of vehicles, our Grand Caravan has been great. It hauls our 3 kids, family dog and camper with ease. The gf loves the stowngo option and says that "it gives us so much extra space for doing activities".

Comment

I also have a Mazda 5GT and am very happy with it. Small and economical yet has many minivan like features. I like how it can seat 6 with what I call "maximum separation". My kids can have clearly defined personal space from each other when the situation dictates. I will never again own a minivan.

Comment

I am currently driving a 1985 Grand Marquis in a lovely red colour with red interior.

No, I am not kidding. Nineteen Eighty Five baby!!

My kids think I am Uncle Buck and I have to drop them off at the corner of the school yard. I am not allowed to use the kiss and ride lane.

Comment

Public transportation is my fav. Busses/trains breeze through traffic - I wave at the people stuck in their beemers and Lexus's.

I get excellent cooking tips from the Pakistani cab drivers.

Comment

Slughead there you are again - obsessing about me. Don't you worry your bald little head about me.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                  Slughead there you are again - obsessing about me. Don't you worry your bald little head about me.
                  lol you go girl!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the great advice and PM's...my inbox has been cleaned up for those that could not get through.

I had no idea there were so many competitive vehicles out there.

My 23 month old car had 70,000 k's on it already so I want something fuel efficient. I commute 70k's round trip each day... Except for Wed and Fri when I work from home.

So far here is what I have had the opportunity to try

2014 Mazda 6
                    2013 Maxda cx-5
                    2013 Kia Optima Hybrid
                    2013 Dodge Journey
                    2013 VW Jetta TDI Highline

I've been to Ford and I'm looking at the Ford Fusion Hybrid but didn't get to drive it yet

I have yet to get to Hyundai but the Elantra or Sonata

I do not like the Honda Civic...(My rental) totally gutless.

So far I am totally undecided.

I really like the Jetta TDI for Gas mileage and size, but the ride is not the greatest.
                    I loved the Mazda 6 but the price is not my favorite.
                    The cx-5 was also great but the price and gas mileage is a concern

The Kia optima was nice but didn't have great power, it was a hybrid so.

A friend literally bought a Elantra and it seemed nice and the kids fit well, so I might save some money and get that.

I had no idea this would be this hard.

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
                      Thanks everyone for the great advice and PM's...my inbox has been cleaned up for those that could not get through.

I had no idea there were so many competitive vehicles out there.

My 23 month old car had 70,000 k's on it already so I want something fuel efficient. I commute 70k's round trip each day... Except for Wed and Fri when I work from home.

So far here is what I have had the opportunity to try

2014 Mazda 6
                      2013 Maxda cx-5
                      2013 Kia Optima Hybrid
                      2013 Dodge Journey
                      2013 VW Jetta TDI Highline

I've been to Ford and I'm looking at the Ford Fusion Hybrid but didn't get to drive it yet

I have yet to get to Hyundai but the Elantra or Sonata

I do not like the Honda Civic...(My rental) totally gutless.

So far I am totally undecided.

I really like the Jetta TDI for Gas mileage and size, but the ride is not the greatest.
                      I loved the Mazda 6 but the price is not my favorite.
                      The cx-5 was also great but the price and gas mileage is a concern

The Kia optima was nice but didn't have great power, it was a hybrid so.

A friend literally bought a Elantra and it seemed nice and the kids fit well, so I might save some money and get that.

I had no idea this would be this hard.
                      The Journey is big and if you are used to smaller vehicles, you will find it a pain to park and manouver in traffic.

The Kia Optima and Hyundai Sonata are variations on the same vehicle.
                      The Elantra is nice, the GT version has a nice hatch. But isn't in close to the same size as the Mazda 3 which you thought too small?

My issue with a VW TDI is that you can't get diesel in the base models, you have to go up in the model range so they are pricey. Gas mileage is great though.

The Mazda 6 will come out with a diesel some time this year.

Comment

Im here to add to the list. From my own experience, Inifiniti's are amazing cars. They look good and are reliable. I've had 3 different models and they have all been great but definitely awd is much better. They are somewhat bad on gas. The qx56 was just horrible for gas.

On the lower price end, my chevy trailblazer has been very good as well. I prefer the ext version as I am a nervous driver at winter. My logic may be flawed but I believe bigger is safer. Its 4 x 4 and can get through anything. I believe chevy has now replaced it with the Avenger.

Comment

Originally posted by takeontheworld View Post
                          On the lower price end, my chevy trailblazer has been very good as well. I prefer the ext version as I am a nervous driver at winter. My logic may be flawed but I believe bigger is safer. .
                          Why are you holding back?

Comment

lol, I like big things I guess. Its either that or I have a Naploean complex.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post

Ponit for self awareness...but how can you "take on the world" with this kind of admittance?
                              Good point, but since I only admitted it to all of you which I don't really know, does it still count?

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
                                Oh...I know who you are
                                Should I be scared?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X