IP Address to Prove Online Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Address to Prove Online Business

With regards to our 3 year review date, my ex claims she hasn't worked and can't work as she's on ODSP since 2016.

However I discovered online, she's running a home based business selling customized items. She also has products on display at one store front. She has a website and daily posts on her Facebook and Instagram business accounts. There are several posts online where she's selling at her vendor booth from various events around the city, including pictures of my ex and kids.

Despite this, my ex still denies it. She was trying to hide it by removing most of the reviews which mention her by name and she tried hiding her website's About page, but I found it with more pictures of my ex and kids talking about how she started this company...

I took screen shots of everything and filed an affidavit to go with my 15A Motion to Change. The next day my ex's website was gone, but she's still using Facebook.

What kind of order do I need to request to prove this is her business?

What would I request from home and cellphone providers, Facebook, website?
    Her website was created using privacy owner, but I'm hoping a court order could get around that.

What would I request from the store front to show they're working with my ex?

Would a credit report show if she had any business bank accounts or credit cards?

You could request her business license if she is vending and selling. Also if she is using a credit card processor such as Square, you could ask for those statements. Look for her on craft websites such as Etsy, they keep a running tally of sales.

Often when vending from booths, they are cash sales, so your not going to have much luck there.

Is she doing consignment or wholesale with the store front? Either way you could ask for statements as I am sure the store keeps tracks of sales and inventory.

Keep in mind this will only provide you with a glimpse of her sales, not her profit.

Comment

You could request disclosure of her business or personal accounts. There hasnt been a case of ip address disclosure but its hard to hide what you’ve found and it would make the judge question it. Regardless of what she is doing, the bottom line is she agreed to items including retraining to work. She will need to answer to that.

You could report her to odsp. Or tell her you’re going to report her. They aren’t the kind who give the benefit of the doubt. Ford is cutting social assistance, she may want to smarten up.

Comment

I doubt her business is registered or legit. It seems to be mainly a cash business, but there are some posts online where customers say they sent an EMT. Her vendor booth is at various Home, Baby, Bridal events, etc.

At the store front, my ex has a few displays selling her products. So they must have an inventory with her company and her specifically.

I've already requested disclosure. She denies working and has provided bank statements for 1 account.

I'm not sure what my end game is here. She's committing frauds, perjury, but I think my focus should be on bad faith?

I'll never know how much she's actually earning, but this should help me to stop spousal support and impute income at least at the new minimum wage amount.

I think WorkingDad was able to get an order for IP Addresses to link his ex's computer to OFW and Kijiji posts. Just not sure how he did it.

Comment

You need to get someone to go to where her vendor booth is and get a business card or something.

Even if you can prove shes not living within her odsp amounts it might help.

Comment

I've helped out at a few of those shows, between setting up and tearing down, on your feet all day its exhausting. If she can do that she is capable of working a job and therefore have an income imputed.

Comment

Something I've learned through the years (from an ex who doesn't disclose income) is that what you really have to do is plant the seed of doubt. Ultimately you want an income imputed to her. It sounds like you have ample information to plant that seed. Did your ex ever work outside of the home while or before you were married? If her work was minimum-wage then what you want to do is have judge impute minimum wage to her. Don't waste your energy and time trying to get 'blood from a stone.' An exception to this would be if she was earning major income.

I do not have personal experience with child support issues but you should be able to get realistic input from others on here about whether or not your ex's income (speculative or real) would amount to much of a difference in what you/she have to pay.

Judges walk a tightrope in a way because they do not want to discourage someone from improving themselves.

Worst-case scenario is that you know your ex is making a few extra bucks on the side that hopefully will improve your childrens' standard of living.

Comment

I agree, but Ontario seems to be a province that encourages doctors to sign the forms so that anyone can be declared "disabled" and collect benefits.

I would suggest that you plant the seed of doubt and then propose a gradual imputing of income. (Judges like to appear to be fair to both parties).

Comment

She works from home. The vendor booth is at various one off events, like the Toronto Bridal Show... I even have a newspaper picture of my ex smiling working her table at the event.

It's obviously her company, but she's denying it. That's why I'll need the IP Addresses.

My ex travels every couple months, UK, Paris, US, Disneyland, etc. Yet her financial statement says $100 for vacations and her lifestyle is definitely more than odsp amounts.

Comment

My ex is already imputed full time min wage, at $11/hour. I'm asking it to be increased to the current $14/hour rate at a minimum.

My ex is trying to claim zero income again, based on odsp from a post separation accident. This isn't supposed to affect me, but obviously does.

Comment

Based on my experience of working OOAK for 5 years, the higher end show such as The Toronto Bridal Show are pricey to be in, but yield about 10X the booth fees. I know lots of vendors that only do a few shows a year and live quite comfortably.

Comment

Shes also defrauding odsp. This might be some leverage...

Comment

IP addresses

She could have a legitimate business but only be claiming the $200 a month max that ODSP would allow so she isn't reduced. This would be easy to do with a home based (crafty) type of business. Not sure what she sells but if booths and vendors, it sounds like a hobby turned into a business. You would have a hard time proving any of this. As far as IP addresses and private info from other documents you won't get it. Privacy Acts prevail and you would need a Production Order that nobody is going to sign off on. ODSP will not investigate unless it is a ful/part time work that can be documented with T4 slips and pay stubs.

Comment

Ss and cs she is allowed to keep on odsp so she is more likely to fight to keep that. If you are serious you may want to look at how private investigators have been used for ss investigations. Or see if you have a friend she doesnt know who is willing to hire her.

Comment

My ex had a price list on her website, with an average price of $300.
                              Based on all the reviews, you can see she's constantly selling out of items, delivering items, and taking preorders for more. There are also reviews from parents in our kids' class who mention what they bought from my ex and how great she was.

Our kids miss school about once a week with my ex or they'll be taken home early. I was able to link each one with posts from my ex's business, showing she was doing an event or making a delivery. My ex also takes vacations every couple months and they'll be posts saying the business is closed during those same time periods.

She's certainly making more than $200/ month, however according to her financial statement and sworn documents she's not working or making any money.

I may be wrong, but I thought WorkingDad was able to get disclosure from OFW and Kijiji to prove his ex's IP Address?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X