View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 09:41 AM
rockscan rockscan is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 6,656
rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by calvinfive View Post
As a father who get's the child tax benefits, I can advise you have no clue what you are talking about! I don't have that in my agreement, at all, and I still get the tax benefits.

All you do is go to the online CRA site, make a claim that you have the child at least 40% of the time, and that's it. If they ask for evidence or your ex denies it, you just present your parenting plan.

It has NOTHING to do with section 7 expense. Also, it is NOT considered income of any sort. It's a tax free BENEFIT.

There are several posts on this forum about CRA denying the eligible dependent and how it has to be worded in your agreement. Stop giving out bad advice.
Reply With Quote