View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 09:39 AM
calvinfive calvinfive is offline
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 32
calvinfive is infamous around these partscalvinfive is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Note that if you dont have it in your agreement to claim the eligible dependent every other year you DONT get tax benefits from the government. They are considered within the split of section 7 via the net cost calculation. The tax benefit comes off the gross amount which is then calculated according to %.
As a father who get's the child tax benefits, I can advise you have no clue what you are talking about! I don't have that in my agreement, at all, and I still get the tax benefits.

All you do is go to the online CRA site, make a claim that you have the child at least 40% of the time, and that's it. If they ask for evidence or your ex denies it, you just present your parenting plan.

It has NOTHING to do with section 7 expense. Also, it is NOT considered income of any sort. It's a tax free BENEFIT.
Reply With Quote