Time Calculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Calculations

Children’s mother moved out of their school district and now drops the children off to our home in the AM about an hour before school starts and picks them up approximately 1.5 to 2 hours after school ends. The children are old enough and mature enough to stay home by themselves, but we are usually home for them half the time during our non-residential days. We work from home on our residential days and so the children are seldom unsupervised. Based on your experiences, would the courts consider the time spent at our home in our favour and reduce/eliminate child support if we were to pursue? We currently have 50/50 custody and are the higher payer in offset child support. Our heating, electrical and grocery bill has increased by $100 since the children started coming to our home on their other parents time. What would you recommend? The other parent is neither appreciative and has dismissed asks to revisit child support saying that the extra time with us is incidental to being a parent and all the whole collecting the child support monthly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is that hours before and after school aren't considered. It is who is responsible for them for the day and where they sleep at night that matters. So if it is mom's day, and she would be the one getting the call from school should something come up, she would get credit for those days. Also where they sleep at night is the other main factor.

Be happy the kids are there and enjoy the time with them. Feel good about yourselves knowing you are doing the best by the kids.

Comment

Even if you counted hours it’s highly unlikely those extra few hours a week would get you over 60% that CS would change. A judge would also see you as pretty petty if you tried to pursue this... tell the kids to stop leaving lights on, buy a bag of $5 apples for an after school snack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X