No announcement yet.

Vaccine for Covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctors are saying that you can get it again after having it and that natural immunity wanes faster than they thought.

Do you need her permission? Is there anything in your agreement about necessary vaccinations?

There have been a few threads about this on here. I believe the last court case was posted and it was a tread carefully kind of thing.

Comment

So flat out say, I want to get the kids vaccinated, do I have your agreement to do so. Once I have your yes I will book the appointment.

If she says no, outline you will be setting up mediation as per the dispute resolution class in your agreement. Or should she disagree to mediation, you will be filing a motion.

You have to also ask yourself how far you want to take this. Or if she doesn’t give you an answer, if you will take that as an agreement.

Comment

what about setting up a virtual visit with the kids family doctor to talk about it?

it doesn't sound like she's attending FREEDOM! rallies- so, as you said, she's not vehemently anti-vax, but maybe she needs to get more information. And it sounds like if that info comes from you- it will not likely be well received.

Comment

Or - there's nothing stopping you from just getting them vaccinated. Just do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
            It was a lengthy, high conflict court case where I fought hard for joint custody and 50/50 parenting. My ex is one of those who wanted me to have 38%... She still does not accept 50/50 and is constantly looking for any blemish on my part. I don't have any blemishes where I contravened our agreement. I'm trying to keep it that way :-)

She would need a material change in circumstances. Getting your kids vaccinated is not one.

Comment

That sounds more important....

Your agreement/order is silent on vaccinations. It would be assumed the kids have and will continue to get their vaccinations as needed. They don't care about orders or custody, and you don't need their physical health cards... just walk into any place and do it.

You're more worried about umbrellas and boots repayments instead of vaccinations?

Comment

You fought for and now have custody - time to step up and make those parenting decisions. Unless it's specifically mentioned in your order, which it's not, you can make that call. Same for flu shot; you don't need a court order every 6 months. Think of the worst case for both options - protect the kids.

When ex doesn't provide new or proper items, you don't sit and argue with ex, you just do it. This is not a "trial/experimental surgery" custody issue. Just like before, they'll continue to get vaccinations every couple years despite what ex says.

Comment

Originally posted by StillPaying View Post
                  You fought for and now have custody - time to step up and make those parenting decisions. Unless it's specifically mentioned in your order, which it's not, you can make that call. Same for flu shot; you don't need a court order every 6 months. Think of the worst case for both options - protect the kids.

When ex doesn't provide new or proper items, you don't sit and argue with ex, you just do it. This is not a "trial/experimental surgery" custody issue. Just like before, they'll continue to get vaccinations every couple years despite what ex says.
                  the decision making is joint with a resolution process to go through. He cannot just make the call himself. You cannot compare buying clothes etc with a medical decision. Flu shots etc are medical so he has to follow the guidelines he agreed to. If he starts going against the agreement then she may figure if he can do it then she can also.

When dealing with a high conflict person, follow agreements to the letter.

Comment

No idea what Rockscan said because they are on my ignore list, just chill.

What "standing on the sidelines" said.

The consensus from the other thread:
                    1. DO NOT just go and get your kids vaccinated, Brampton33 has joint medical decision making and making a unilateral decision looks bad on them and can get them in hot water. His ex is probably dying for him to get them vaccinated without their permission.

2. Take the kids to the doctor, get their opinion on vaccination. Take that opinion and inform your ex.

3. If you ex still says no go to court because we know you want to for more than one reason.

My kid had Omicron last month, doctor still said "get vaccinated".

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                      the decision making is joint with a resolution process to go through. He cannot just make the call himself. You cannot compare buying clothes etc with a medical decision. Flu shots etc are medical so he has to follow the guidelines he agreed to. If he starts going against the agreement then she may figure if he can do it then she can also.

When dealing with a high conflict person, follow agreements to the letter.
                      Custody decisions are few and far between.

- there is nothing written in their agreement about vax
                      - there is no known health issues with kid
                      - kid has received all previous vax
                      - kid will receive all future vax
                      - other parent said wait, but was not opposed to it

To me, this is not some experimental surgery or treatment plan, and therefore not a custody issue. Similar to a flu shot, just get it.

When dealing with your kids, protect them. Keeping them safe is court's priority, not punishing people for doing what they're supposed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by StillPaying View Post
                        When dealing with your kids, protect them. Keeping them safe is court's priority, not punishing people for doing what they're supposed to do.
                        Wrong. Just plain wrong.

I wish I had the CANLII link on the guy that wanted to take his daughter to Turkey. It was noted in the decision that the father did violate the court order by taking his daughter for vaccination without agreement. A minor admonishment.

Combine that with this from the other COVID vaccination thread where the court ruled against a parent that wanted their kids vaccinated and one is just asking for trouble by not getting an agreement on it.

Originally posted by mamabear1234 View Post
                        A common sense ruling from Justice Pararatz on this issue.

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/do...2onsc1198.html

The common sense of the court is not the same as our individual common sense or even the common sense among Justices. If it was about the children's interests they would allow parents to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in court bickering; money that would otherwise be used to help the future of the children.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X