Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing right now that makes you happy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing right now that makes you happy?

I am at my gf cottage, sitting on her dock, alone, having a coffee. It's peaceful. It's windy, the water is choppy, the dock is moving. The sound of the waves is enjoyable. I am grateful I have such wonderful friends. My life is already better. One day and one activity at a time!

Whenever you do something enjoyable, record it here or somewhere. Then you can look back at all the good things! You will have a record of your new great life. I bet that eventually, the good moments will outweigh the uncomfortable moments (that's all they are...uncomfortable) and pretty soon your new life will blossom! Remember, your new life is different. So give yourself 5 minutes to grieve and say goodbye then spend your future saying "hello new life!"

😉

I'm in my basement at my computer planning my next plan of action against an ex who is relentlessly taking me to court over and over again. Happiness for me is knowing I'm organize and have good legal counsel. This is what makes me happy at this point in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      I'm in my basement at my computer planning my next plan of action against an ex who is relentlessly taking me to court over and over again. Happiness for me is knowing I'm organize and have good legal counsel. This is what makes me happy at this point in my life.
      Arabian is in Divorce Command Central,from this vantage point she will sift through legal quagmire and financial twists and turns .Insert evil laugh here-
      Take happiness wherever you can get,it seems to be in short enough supply in the world.

Comment

Happiness my late father told me just before his death, is not a goal but a consequence one is blessed with at the end of the road when headed in the right direction.
        Your children and reputation is what ultimately what really counts.
        I believe if we are seeking happiness it will be a reward by doing the right thing. Cleaning my late brother and cooking and cleaning, and doing all the mundane things that needed to be done in a day didnt make me happy, but when I brushed my teeth before I went to sleep, I was at peace and happy.

Comment

Originally posted by momforever1956 View Post
          Happiness my late father told me just before his death, is not a goal but a consequence one is blessed with at the end of the road when headed in the right direction.
          Your children and reputation is what ultimately what really counts.
          I believe if we are seeking happiness it will be a reward by doing the right thing. Cleaning my late brother and cooking and cleaning, and doing all the mundane things that needed to be done in a day didnt make me happy, but when I brushed my teeth before I went to sleep, I was at peace and happy.
          i really hope there was suppose to be a comma between cleaning and late brother.

Comment

No Sos, my late brother was challenged and needed cleaning, no comma, just a devoted sister who was blessed with a special gift, may he rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by momforever1956 View Post
              No Sos, my late brother was challenged and needed cleaning, no comma, just a devoted sister who was blessed with a special gift, may he rest in peace.
              good for you, not many people could handle that.

Comment

Nice idea Sax, enjoy the peace of nature. Lol, arabian. I feel happy about my son and when I'm getting regular exercise. In my personal life, I find it hard to get excited about much. I have so many decisions to make and I'm not yet "decided." There are other things coming my way that I have little control over. I enjoy my pets, a few precious good friends, and I look forward to the day when a lot of the negative things that have happened, are behind me. I'm not out of the war zone, yet. Happiness for me arrives in certain moments. When I laugh about something and realize, "hey, I can still laugh and smile" because for awhile I felt like I'd forgotten how to. I sometimes run across a picture from a few years ago and think, "where did that girl go?"

Enjoy the moments. If it's a minute here or there. An hour. A day. A weekend. Never forget the strengths you have, and the support you give and receive to others. We don't get through any of our most difficult times without someone having reached out. *In my opinion/experience*

Comment

Peter was a special soul and touched so many people. He died 3 years ago at the age of 49. He was Down Syndrom with the mentality of a 3 year old and the body of a 90 year old. I cared for him for 9 years after my mother died.
                  People including his doctor always said how fortunate he was to be so well cared for, he lived like a King.
                  The interesting thing is Peter wasnt as lucky as all those people he touched. His smile and warmth and love was unconditional and he was funny--you couldnt help but love him the minute you met him. If he didnt like something he would stretch out his arm, point his finger and say out, till this day there are many people who copy him and point out.
                  I have videos of him singing while my son was playing guitar, all of his favourite songs, including Bad bad leroy brown, and according to Pete it wasnt the baddest man in the whole damm town it was the baddest man in downtown.
                  I could go on and on about Peter, but the idea I was trying to communicate is that happiness doesnt have to be a great vacation or a new car, happiness is truly a reward at the end of a path and sometimes that path can be difficult. Quick fixes may give us moments of happiness but to find true peace we need to take the higher road and sometimes it isnt all fun.

Comment

I hit the gym three times a week and lift weights.

For those hour long stretches, and a good hour afterwards, I am on top of the world.

There's something to be said for the seratonin/dopamine dump into the system that excercise provides.

Thats my advice to anyone going through these stressfull matters in life. Start exercising.

Comment

what makes me happy is finally getting the master bedroom painted. I bought out the ex of the house but couldnt bring myself to move back into the master bedroom until it was redecorated. Now tonight will be my first night back in there in over two years. He moved out a year ago but it takes me a while to get motivated lol.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                        Arabian, I admire your dedication to your challenges but, one thing to remember is that you don't want to become "divorced obsessed". Don't forget the most important person in all this... yourself. You are strong and unlike many of the other posters on this site I don't doubt that you will survive the situation but, don't forget about *you* in all this. Hopefully you take time out for yourself. You would be surprised at how much better you can organize your thoughts if you take this time. (Not saying you are not.)

Good Luck!
                        Tayken

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                          what makes me happy is finally getting the master bedroom painted. I bought out the ex of the house but couldnt bring myself to move back into the master bedroom until it was redecorated. Now tonight will be my first night back in there in over two years. He moved out a year ago but it takes me a while to get motivated lol.
                          Excellent. Change is a good thing. Embrace it and congratulations. Retaking space in your home can be a very positive experience. A little paint in any house can totally change the atmosphere and how you feel about the place.

Comment

I did a few room makeovers when the ex got ejected. It felt and looked great. One thing I still have is the bed though, lol and the mattress which I sometimes feel is bad karma (half-kidding). A new mattress (the good ones are not cheap) is simply not in the budget

Some nice new window coverings, new bedding, new pillows are good enough for now. I had to get new furniture fairly quickly b/c he took a lot of items. I went for about a month without a kitchen table/chairs, or a dresser for my bedroom. A friend from high school is a professional painter and I got the whole main LR and my son's bedroom painted and that was nice.

As for "time for ourselves" (Tayken's point): that too is very important. A little self tlc never hurts. I don't care how broke I am/get - I'm still going to get my nails manicured and hair highlighted every so often. The gym and/or some form of exercise is also very important for sanity! As well, I can identify with being obsessed, as I have been at times, with my legal woes. That has subsided quite a bit. I struggle now more with dread. I've tried to think if there's a way that I could simply "walk away" from it - and for me, there really isn't. So I do my best to keep it in perspective. Some days are better than others, such is life.

I would like to be more "organized" but I also realize that my legal junk has resuled in a LOT of files and paperwork. One day, hopefully I can burn it all.. While relaxing at a nice peaceful cottage, (despite the fact that it won't be mine) and hearing nothing but the sound of the lake, the loons, and the crickets. I'm not known to be thee most positive/upbeat person around these days, but I try most days to think of at least 3 things that I am truly thankful for, no matter what.

SOS: have a great "1st night" back in the newly decorated/painted Master Bedroom!
                            Last edited by hadenough; 08-05-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks Tayken. Good advice. Today I went to a farmers market and bought some fresh dill as well as blueberries. Cooked up a blueberry crumble and am now cutting up and freezing the dill. Cooking gives me great deal of satisfaction ... guess it's control over something.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X