CAS access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
    this is what I find so odd. When I dealt with CAS_the caseworker who interviewed me said IF I was to go back to my ex- they would intervene and potentially remove the child from my care.

They never gave me advice. They just provided me with resources - and more importantly drilled me on what my plans were in terms of parenting- there was heavy emphasis on "you better not take that child back to the house".
    What you don't want is some CAS worker that also happens to have mental health issues / control issues turn against you so play helpless. Their ego writes checks they can't cash.

Lie to them and say.
    "My lawyer told me that no matter what I must follow the order of the judge in the order even if a social worker ordered me not too, they were very emphatic that I could lose custody. I am afraid, can you send me a letter telling me what I am to do?"

My guess is you won't hear from them. I am sure there is a better response than that "Did you file the motion to have access changed?"

Comment

This is terrible advice. Do NOT lie to your case worker. You can simply ask for the information in writing without lying to them.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
        This is terrible advice. Do NOT lie to your case worker. You can simply ask for the information in writing without lying to them.
        Sorry, that doesn't work with some personality types. It is like you have never benefited by a negative experience with such a person.

It is good advice but here is a better modified version: take out the part about "social worker" that keeps your lawyer from getting on the wrong side of them and keeps them out of a pinch.

It is also good advice for any dealings where you do not know the person and they are looking to take an authoritative stance that they are not entitled to take without the correct paper work. Deflect, remove yourself from the disagreement. It really depends on knowing the person you are dealing with.

Lying to you Case Worker about you sending your kids to school or not is a bad move but something like this to protect yourself is smart. As you read Iona ran into a CAS worker that threatened them. Not a person I would want to be dealing with without record of the conversation.

"you better not take that child back to the house".

Comment

Will summarize my post above:
          What type of CAS worker verbally threatens their client for following a court order?

Maybe there is more of a story there behind the threat but.....

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
            Sorry, that doesn't work with some personality types. It is like you have never benefited by a negative experience with such a person.

It is good advice but here is a better modified version: take out the part about "social worker" that keeps your lawyer from getting on the wrong side of them and keeps them out of a pinch.

It is also good advice for any dealings where you do not know the person and they are looking to take an authoritative stance that they are not entitled to take without the correct paper work. Deflect, remove yourself from the disagreement. It really depends on knowing the person you are dealing with.

Lying to you Case Worker about you sending your kids to school or not is a bad move but something like this to protect yourself is smart. As you read Iona ran into a CAS worker that threatened them. Not a person I would want to be dealing with without record of the conversation.
            lol. they did not threaten me- when I put quotes around something it usually means I'm paraphrasing.

They flat out indicated that it wasn't safe to take my kid back to an environment where a threat was made. That's not a threat- it's good child protection.

I'm with blink- don't like to a CAS worker. Don't lie to anyone who has influence on what may happen with your kid(s)- more times than not- you'll get caught out.

Personally- I found CAS really helpful and kind to work with.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X