This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Statement & Divorce Forms

Hi, I am trying to figure out which Financial Statement forms I need to fill out via the Ontario Court of Justice site. I know I need to fill out 13.1, but do I need to fill out any others (ie. 13B)? My "potential" lawyer said that if I wanted to save some money (ie. $600), I could essentially fill out these forms myself and have them commissioned before she drafts up the actual Separation Agreement itself However, I need a full list of the forms I need to fill out. Also, does anyone know all the forms I need to fill out to do the Divorce Paperwork myself. I called the Information Centre at the court house but they have not yet returned my call. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Here is a list of all court forms online. If you run out of space when you are filling them out, you can always attach additional sheets.

http://www.ontariocourtforms.on.ca/e...mily/index.jsp

Comment

Financial Statement & Divorce Forms

Hi, thanks for the quick reply and for the link. I have gone to the website before but am still confused as to which Financial Disclosure forms I need to fill out. There's only a matter of some cash and little household stuff that needs to be divided. No matrimonial home, no kids and hopefully no complications. I know I have to fill out form 13.1, but are there any others? Also, since there are many forms on the site, do you know which are applicable for applying for divorce?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Sorry, but I haven't gone down that road as yet. You could maybe check out some of the other posts concerning divorce proceedings on this site to give you an idea. You could always check out a Family Law Information Centre at your nearest courthouse. There are always people there to answer questions about forms, maybe you could make a call, I'm not sure as to what information they give out over the phone, but if it's just form related, I'm sure they would tell you. Good luck though.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the info once again. I have tried the Family Law Information Centre at the courthouse and am waiting for their call back. I had left a voice mail with them last week and unfortunately I work during the day and cannot easily make it down to the courthouse.

If someone else has some info, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

HI crispy..you might want to check this out, I bought one several years ago, and although I had my lawyer do my paperwork I found this very helpful...

I think it is less than $20 and I got mine at Coles..I think you can also get them at Grand and Toy...

Divorce Guide for Ontario:A Step-By-Step Guide to Obtaining Your Own Divorce
            Author: Sandra J. Meyrick|See more titles by Sandra J. Meyrick

Hope this helps...

Comment

Hey, thanks for the advice. I will check it out. Do you know if for the Separation Agreement, do I "need" to fill out the financial statement forms (13 .1 or 13) set out in the Ontario Court of Justice website? The reason I ask is that within the "do-it-yourself" kits, I believe a Financial Disclosure section, that lets you put in the assets and liabilities of both parties, is included within the Separation Agreement itself. So, can we just use that or is it a requirement to use the forms from the website in order to make it legally binding?

Thanks

Comment

All the forms in the divorce kit are the same as the ones on the website - the kit comes with a disc with all possible forms you might require. You will both have to provide financial statements as well as the last 3 years income tax returns..though if you don't have your returns handy..( or have yet to do them ) there is box you can check giving the other side permission to contact CCRA to access that information.

I really found the information in the booklet helpful, especially keeping the lawyer bill down as I didn't have to ask so many questions...

Comment

Thanks, that helps. I will check out the kit.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X