This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can finally can say it has begun!!

Just got back from the marathon "disaster" at the lawyers this afternoon. Goal achieved. The application and financials were signed today - will get filed today..... maybe tomorrow. Not sure but I was told ex will be served by midweek next week. Feeling is she will go balistic, again. I got home - lasted twenty minutes and I was out..... Four hours later I remain emotionaly spent, surprize! Wrote half of this and I was down again for another three.

It took me 8 months to gather the paperwork (with a novel worth of screw ups, confusion and staring off into space totally empty, oh and my classic! Going brain dead to discover what new mess I could produce that at times would take days to figure out and correct - couldn't even do simple tasks like making three copies of...... So many people supported me along the way I do not think I would have made it through this alone but with your help, This part is over, what lies ahead is for tomorrow.

So I thought it fitting for me to express my thanks to the many people here who took the time, and put forth at times great effort to get me this far..... and I suppose it is just the beginning...... but at least it has begun !!!!

you are on your way, just remember that it will probably get worse before it gets better but you are way ahead of where you were when you started this.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
      you are on your way, just remember that it will probably get worse before it gets better but you are way ahead of where you were when you started this.
      But, the good thing is that no "emergency" motions can be filed and things will progress through the system in the proper manner. With the charges dropped (did they get dropped?) the argument from them is going to weaken.

Be prepared to read things in materials that never happened, are completely false, and just there for shock value. Take time and study the concept of relevancy before the court. Don't respond to all the crap that is irrelevant. Just respond with that paragraphs X, Y, Z are all false statements. Don't try to fix any mistakes they make by writing huge long responses etc...

Good Luck!
      Tayken

Comment

Advice given to me and many fathers for your response to her BS:

I am the father respondent and have knowledge in these matters unless otherwise indicated. I have reviewed the mother's (name/date of doc) and I deny all of the allegations contained within unless otherwise admitted.

I admit the following paragraphs:

I have no knowledge of the following paragraphs:

I am alleging the following facts:

Comment

Just inbetween everything moving faster than......

I thought I had worded it well but just in case....
          The charge (was actually just one) I was called yesterday by the lawyer helping me. She was approached by the prosecutor to have this dropped but I have to agree to any conditions they may wish to put onto it. My message here was to get thoughts from many who have gone through the trap, I spoke to the divorce lawyer yesterday to conform what and how I should get myself out of this..... I had already told the lawyer that I would not agree to anything that admitted guilt or woould be left on my record for something I did not do - especially with the BS trumped up crap of the arresting officer.

So right now I was told it was in the getting dropped phase. I was told that they really did not want to move forward on this but were waiting..... They wanted to hear that something was being done to put and end to this (My application for divorce, that I have at least for now found a spot to live and I am getting help for the rest of it - this is what they wanted and myself as well) Final thing on the issue was they wanted this to be resolved in the family law court - this is what my lawyer said to me.

So for me the only stumbling block is, I will not sign anything of guilt and as pointed out here and by my divorce lawyer for me not to sign anything that even remotely shows that the ex has something to fear from me in terms of "her" safety. This especially in the light that it was and remains the other way around. In the end, my doctor, the crisis people and the lawyers are all getting on the same side......

Comment

Paper nightmare. Get organized, think about the end and work backwards. Start a TAB system now. I paper clip Red for court, blue for me, white for them. Get binders. get TABs. Start a spread sheet for financials. They will come at you with lies. Catch them at every turn. Make their life miserable, just like they do to you. Be honest, fair and reasoable from the get go. If it goes to trial, you'll look better....I hope. This is a such a waste of time and life.

Comment

ddol-Congratulations ! well done... Keep with the organization and file everything in its appropriate folder/file as it comes in.

Comment

Stay strong ddol and hang in there, baby steps will help get you through this!

Angie

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X