The high road gets bumpy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
    off all the things you have said on here etc this is the one thing that really worries me. You don't hope your lawyer is doing something, you tell her to do it. Are you scared that if you start demanding (normal, routine) stuff that she will drop you and you wont get the deal on the rates? Remember the old saying, you get what you pay for.

If your lawyer screws this up for you, don't be blaming her. You need to control your lawyer.
    Agreed...................

Comment

• I'll have a chat. Of course I agree with you all about being in the loop about every convo. If I were to lose her now I would only have 1 e-mail and 1 letter between her and OP. I need to cover my bases.

In my mind Im on a constant proving ground for 7 months. Not aggressive .. not high conflict .. not controlling. I didn't want to come off as controlling to my lawyer by telling her I wanted every e-mail, etc.

But I now realize I have to.

Comment

• May I suggest that you simply send your lawyer an email requesting all of the correspondence, and pertinent documentation so that it can be readily available for a clinician and/or any other professional that you retain in the future.

She can have her secretary or one of her students complete this small but very important task.

Comment

• Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
          So I realize we're doing the cost-effective thing ... but I just hope we're still getting those weekly denials of health/welfare, access, location.
          Oh dear. So basically you don't even know if the lawyer has been asking for access??

What if your lawyer hasn't even asked each week? You also don't know if your ex is even denying then?

Perhaps she has been willing to let you see D3 since you say CAS closed their file and you haven't even asked for her?

I thought you had no supervisor now anyway? Are you prepared if ex says you can see D3?? What is your plan?

Comment

• Originally posted by backgroundnoise View Post
            I'm a grand-parent to D3, as there has been access of approx. 20 hours total in 7 months, all of D3's extended family( including great-grand parents) and friends have made pop in visits during the limited visits. We all were a part of her daily life in the past. We've recreated an Easter, her 3rd Birthday, Daddy's Birthday, etc. in those few hours. With the newest sexual allegations I am certainly glad that each and everyone of us could appear along with the 'supervisor' to negate the possibility of said allegations.
            well considering LF32 was saying how money was tight etc and was going to move in with the gf, I hope you offered him a place to stay instead or at least offered him a loan to help with the bills etc till this is all over??

Comment

well considering LF32 was saying how money was tight etc and was going to move in with the gf, I hope you offered him a place to stay instead or at least offered him a loan to help with the bills etc till this is all over??
              My mom helped dish out a good sum of money that my first lawyer ran through. She's helped me financially more than you could ever imagine through my studies, my hard times and even now.

I'm a 33 year old man. My mother has helped me through this more than you know. Plus, I work in a different city than she lives. Why would I quit my job and leave the jurisdiction D3's supposedly in? Not to mention ex and OCL are currently attacking my mom also.

And of course she offered me a place. But it would make no sense for the above reasons.
              Again, I handle my own business. No need to grill my family members. I'm not moving in to my mother's basement S.O.T.S.

I think you missed the point of her post. Like, big time.

Let's get off that.
              Last edited by LovingFather32; 10-06-2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• SadAndTired:

Again, I read:
                This message is hidden because SadAndTired is on your ignore list.

I get its an open chat forum but your desire to call me a fake and your disinterest in D3 having her rights to see both parents has still won you a spot on my ignore list (something I do not like to use by the way). Just a friendly reminder that I can not see your posts.

Thus, if your objective is to waste another 5 pages of cyberspace telling me I don't have a diploma you'll have to find somebody else to spar with. But by all means, exercise your rights to post.
                Last edited by LovingFather32; 10-06-2014, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• I thought your mother lived near where you live(d) with D3? It was just a suggestion, no need to get snarky. You were complaining before about money being tight so sometimes one has to do what one has to do.

I never once said anything like she was being a bad mother or nothing like that. I just mentioned that I hoped she was doing what she could to help you through this situation. This whole legal thing is really starting to make you defensive.

Comment

SadAndTired:

Again, I read:
                    This message is hidden because SadAndTired is on your ignore list.

I get its an open chat forum but your desire to call me a fake and your disinterest in D3 having her rights to see both parents has still won you a spot on my ignore list (something I do not like to use by the way). Just a friendly reminder that I can not see your posts.

Thus, if your objective is to waste another 5 pages of cyberspace telling me I don't have a diploma you'll have to find somebody else to spar with. But by all means, exercise your rights to post.
                    if you want to ignore sadandtired then why make posts like this??? Defeats your purpose doesn't it?? If you want to ignore then just ignore. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

Comment

I thought your mother lived near where you live(d) with D3? It was just a suggestion, no need to get snarky. You were complaining before about money being tight so sometimes one has to do what one has to do.

I never once said anything like she was being a bad mother or nothing like that. I just mentioned that I hoped she was doing what she could to help you through this situation. This whole legal thing is really starting to make you defensive.
                      lol .. Moved to Ottawa to be closer to work not long ago. We lived across from my mom D3's whole life before that.

I think snarky is saying things like I hope you at leastgave money .. or at least offered a place to stay.

It's okay if you don't see it. For all I know you're ex and all her friends. Say little things .. little guilt trips to my family then call me defensive.

I was just curious why you wouldn't respond to the content of her post and instead ask her if she at least is helping me.

Comment

• WOW...I read that standing on the sidelines paste thing you did LF32......there are some really viscous female dogs here.

Your right LF32 it's a chat site...the mentally ill have to voice there hate, But you don't have to stand for it.

sidelines needs a therapist so does S&T

gotta repeat....your going to waste 5 pages on these morons...there are people that are going to read this to get advice....5 more pages wasted defending yourself against shoe SH!T
                        Last edited by MrToronto; 10-06-2014, 09:51 PM.

Comment

if you want to ignore sadandtired then why make posts like this??? Defeats your purpose doesn't it?? If you want to ignore then just ignore. Doesn't make sense to me at all.
                          Doesn't make sense why she still posts here. She's not here to help any cause or offer any advice.

Comment

• lol..

I'm trying real hard with SOTS and Stripes Mr. T. Long time thread followers. I think they're having a tough time realizing that I may actually be a nice guy and that my story is actually true.

But Im trying. I hate that ignore thingy but the guilt trips to family members, etc. Not helping.

Im getting the psychology of it now though.

Taunt me .. bicker .. tell me Im a fake .. guilt trip my family. Why? To elicit a response? To give a reason to make me seem defensive if I respond. Clever. Very clever. Question is .. why?

Is my misery entertaining? Is my misery and situation not enough for them? They want me to feel worse? If so I must say its sadistic. I hope that's not the case. That's scary.
                            Last edited by LovingFather32; 10-06-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

lol .. Moved to Ottawa to be closer to work not long ago. We lived across from my mom D3's whole life before that.

I think snarky is saying things like I hope you at leastgave money .. or at least offered a place to stay.

It's okay if you don't see it. For all I know you're ex and all her friends. Say little things .. little guilt trips to my family then call me defensive.
                              lol I am not your ex. I work for my money, paid for my own lawyer.

So saying the words "at least" is snarky? News to me. By the way when you try to put words into someones mouth don't change the words and take things out of context. Changes the meaning totally. You want to call me out on my wording then at least have the common courtesy to quote me correctly. Do you have a habit of taking bits and pieces of sentences and rearranging them to try and prove your points? That will kill you in court and you will get called out on it there with more serious repercussions then on a public forum.

It wasn't a guilt trip, it was just asking a question and for your information, most parents would help their kids no matter what the age, especially in a situation like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrToronto View Post
                                WOW...I read that standing on the sidelines paste thing you did LF32......there are some really viscous female dogs here.

Your right LF32 it's a chat site...the mentally ill have to voice there hate, But you don't have to stand for it.

sidelines needs a therapist so does S&T

gotta repeat....your going to waste 5 pages on these morons...there are people that are going to read this to get advice....5 more pages wasted defending yourself against shoe SH!T
                                Anyways Mr. T ..

Back to business.

I'm compiling a bunch of stuff regarding OCL's conduct. Been working very hard. I will PM you a few q's I have and see what you think.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X