Political issues, ex playing sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political issues, ex playing sick

I need some advice, my ex started to play the sick, calling me to pick up the kids earlier, telling me not to drop off the kids because he is not feeling well, saying that he cannnot leep, ha can not eat. For example yesterday he did a birthday party for our son on his time, right after the guests left he called me to pick up the kids cos he has anxiety.
    Just some background, when we were together he would drink and call in sick or "work from home". Yesterday he did not seem unwell at all. I am just afraid he will play the depressed and not able to work and sit and ask for spousal support.
    Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that he somehow goes back to his old habbits and I am happy to have the kids. I just know that he would do anything to sit and do nothing and someone else work.
    I need some advice how to protect myself, he had threatened me in the past that he wanted to loose his job to screw me up and told me he will make me pay as much as he can.

He still has to pay child support and you could motion to impute income at higher than he makes.

There is nothing you can do about it now, wait to see what he pulls and address it then.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Sounds like my ex... however I'm a man and she's managed to convince the court that she cant work and I'm paying big $$$ as a result (offset CS). Generally speaking, it seems most men don't get to play the "I can't work" card. Sorry if I sound jadded, but as most people say, it's not a level playing field.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X