View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 10:29 AM
blinkandimgone's Avatar
blinkandimgone blinkandimgone is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 5,411
blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

After two years she can make claims for support etc so you should take care of this now before it goes any further. You really do need to seperate your lives and finances and stop living together as a couple. If you can't sleep elsewhere, she certainly can. Move her things to another room and put a lock on your bedroom door.

Without any financial contribution she has very little claim to anything on the house. If she' not paying anything towards rent etc then she's not even considered a tenant. Tell her to leave, give her a deadline to get out and then if she misses it, move her things out to the garage and let her know to come and pick them up.

She has no entitlement to be there, you're not even considered common law until 2 years.

Last edited by blinkandimgone; 09-28-2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: the voices told me to...