Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex wants to move with child. We have 50/50 access.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
    At the very least You still have to send a letter and object to the move to Sudbury. It is at the very least considered permanent. Maybe that was the plan all along.
    This was my very first thought last month when I received the letter stating the plan to move to North Bay. Just a ploy to get me to agree to Sudbury. But then her fiance's house went up for sale, and his job he was working at was posted. I'm thinking he left for North Bay.

Lawyer confirmed they will respond saying I don't give consent for daughter to move to Sudbury.

Comment

Hmm... so small change, lawyer kind of convinced me it was better to consent to move to sudbury as long as my access/custody isn't changed and my daughter continues to go to daycare in massey. A day later I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Comment

She has already stated her intention is to move the child to North Bay, and she was going to steamroll over your objections. Even if she decided to stop at just moving to Sudbury, what is your plan for school? A decision will have to be made in which community she goes to school and that parent will become primary. And then that custodial parent has a lot more power in relocating even further away. Judges look at which parents advocate for time with their children, and which parents defer to the other parent as the primary parent. I would seek a second opinion from another lawyer; maybe there is a known bias on the bench and your lawyer figured you would have a weak case and wanted to save you money on a losing fight, or maybe that just isn’t the lawyer for you.

You might want to look at a Sudbury lawyer, since everything is soon anyway. And remember, nothing is more expensive than a cheap lawyer.

Comment

*zoom. Not soon. Darn autocorrect.

Comment

My lawyer is from Sudbury. Learned from social media that the move is happening today and I feel sick to my stomach for my daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
              My lawyer is from Sudbury. Learned from social media that the move is happening today and I feel sick to my stomach for my daughter.
              Be prepared to move yourself to Sudbury.

Comment

When an ex moves a distance with the child in a shared custody and access situation this causes extra travel.

Is the burden on travel shared or is it on the parent that initiated the move?

Comment

Update since Oct 31: ex sent her response to application, which wasn't too bad. No bs allegations. Just trying to make it look like I wasn't as involved as much as I am but I think my response to her that I submitted was top notch and dispelled a lot of her generalizations with facts. My ex's response was focused on what's best for my ex, mine is what's best for my daughter.

However, she has since quit her full time permanent job for a supply job in North bay. I don't know if she now plans just to move my daughter half the time in North Bay for the time being. It feels like she is forcing things to get her way. Does this actually work with judges?? Very stressful process.

Comment

Oh and first court appearance is on Wednesday.

Comment

How will the move to North Bay impact daycare? If your daughter isn’t going to be in full-time daycare in North Bay is the centre willing to hold her spot part-time, does the daily rate go up? If you have frequent transitions (as opposed to weekly) that is a lot of time for your daughter to be in a car, in winter. And twice as far for the mum who has to drive back. And that long drive then makes it hard for you to then put her in the car for a drive to the Sault.

Also, if she quit FT for PT, that may be an attempt to affect the off-set CS/Section 7 so you should keep that in mind for any settlement offers and make sure it is based off her 2019 income and not current income.

Comment

So far the only thing I've agreed to is my daughter moving part time to Sudbury as long as my access isn't affected and she continues to go to daycare in Massey. It was through a letter from her lawyer stating that she was accepting another job and through social media that I learned today was her last day of work. Nothing else has been communicated to me.

Comment

Question. What happens at first court appearance? This is under ocj. My lawyer said it's basically getting date for case conference. Can anything else happen here?

Comment

No its just to set the first case conference. You may want to ask your lawyer if they can ask for an urgent date to speed up having it heard but that may be a crapshoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok thank you.

Comment

Co-parenting advice needed: How many times in a day am I required to answer the ex on how our daughter is doing when she's with me? lol it's 2-3 times per day. It's easy enough to reply "good" but it's getting more and more aggravating.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X