This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teleconference at Trial

My child custody and support case is going to trial in Ottawa in November 2011 but my ex-spouse lives in New Brunswick.

Teleconferencing is allowed for conferences, but is it allowed for trial? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
    My child custody and support case is going to trial in Ottawa in November 2011 but my ex-spouse lives in New Brunswick.

Teleconferencing is allowed for conferences, but is it allowed for trial? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.
    Yes, it is allowed but you need to arrange it. Start with a motion to order it for trial (explaining why they can't appear in person). Then you need to sort it out with the trial coordinator's office.

I needed witnesses from California and the court agreed to Skype video calls. I had to provide mobile internet access (as the court will not facilitate anything but $200/hour court to court video conferencing through secure network) and it required pre-trial testing. However my court house is the newest in Canada and has video projection in every court room. It's like the witness is right there. You need to present this at the trial management conference for motion.

FG

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X