Agreed to terms of settlement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed to terms of settlement

We came to an agreement on all issues on a final basis.

I'll post the details once I get my kids to bed.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU.

Woot! Hooray!

Comment

Wow, that's great news!!

Comment

Congrats FB!
        Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
          We came to an agreement on all issues on a final basis.

I'll post the details once I get my kids to bed.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU.

You're one of the luck ones. Congrats. Please share your agreement minus the personal info, if you can.

Comment

excellent news!!!!

Comment

Gratz! On your Road to Freedom!

Comment

Congratulations!!!!

Comment

You toughed it out and came out sane on the other side! A heartfelt congratulations and best wishes moving forward.

Comment

Here are the terms of our agreement

Shared Custody
                    50/50 Access 5-5-2-2
                    Set-off child support of $469.00
                    She moves to Orangeville
                    Pick up and drop offs are to be done at school/daycare
                    I get primary residence for School and children remain in same school
                    I buy her out of the house
                    We each keep our own pension
                    I pay off all joint debt which basically cancels the equalization payment
                    I waive the money she is behind on our joint expenses
                    I waive the equalization payment of $1200.00
                    I pay her a lump sum spousal support payment of $3000.00. (She wanted 17K)
                    So if you add up the non cash amounts the spousal buy out ends up being around $7200. Mid point buy out was $8200.
                    She signs spousal waiver.

She moves out either June 1st or June 28th. TBD based on how long all the paperwork etc takes. Status Quo until then.

Now lets just hope it can work and this is the end of the drama...

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Congratulations! I've been following some of your story on these boards, and I'm happy that it's finally winding to a conclusion.

Comment

Sounds like she wanted to move out of zone. If she had of insisted on it, it'd be a tough sell to rip the kids out of the existing school.

Comment

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
                            Sounds like she wanted to move out of zone. If she had of insisted on it, it'd be a tough sell to rip the kids out of the existing school.
                            Originally posted by iceberg View Post
                            How did she agree you get school time with the kids?
                            Basically, she wanted to move. I agreed to the move on the basis that the kids remain in school where they are. She is responsible for all transportation to and from school on her days. I am keeping the house so that the kids can remain there.

Comment

Big huge congratulations FB!!!

I'm so looking forward to hearing your posts once she moves out. I know your life is going to change drastically for the better.

I'm so glad you got primary residency...you probably would have achieved that anyway but it would have been a lot more work. And your children will be sooo much better off for it.

Now you'll just have to deal with the back and forth between her and her new bf and the relationship with your kids...which should be super fun...LOL!

By the way, not to throw a wrench into the happy times...but keep diligent at home until she moves out. I know its pretty common for people with her personality type to lament and feel that she might have gotten the "shaft" and ramp up conflict...so it wouldn't be unusual for her to still try to start crap at home until she's gone. Don't relax too much until the last piece of her stuff is out of the house.

It will be interesting to hear how long her new relationship lasts once she becomes the new guy's problem permanently...LOL.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X