View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 04:18 PM
GGG GGG is offline
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 36
GGG is on a distinguished road
Default Post Secondary Education

This is a case where there is a court order that states that the child, although over the age of majority, contributes zero to her post secondary education expenses because her income is zero.

The father pays full guideline child support to the mother for the daughter. The father and the mother are to split, in proportion to their incomes, all post secondary expenses. The father is court ordered to pay a monthly amount for post secondary expenses which is handled through the Family Responsibility Office.

The mother refuses to contribute to the post secondary expenses. The daughter now holds two jobs and is expected to pay all expenses. The daughter has an OSAP loan, has paid for her tuition 100%, paid for her books and transporation expenses.

What options do the father and/or daughter have in regards to enforcing the court order?

How can the daughter get reimbursed by the mother?