criminal active forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• criminal active forum

Does anyone know of any active criminal, non marriage related forum?

What kind of crime? Try websleuths. It’s mostly missing people or kids, but lots of crimes and trials in the news.

Comment

Someone I know who is disabled (moderately like myself) went to ER for help and was abused by security. I wanna help him legally if there is a way.

Comment

There would be reports. They can also speak with a personal injury lawyer for free. They do free consultations.

You may also want to look into police brutality. This gets raised by people arrested all the time. Its difficult to prove without video.

Comment

Hospitals have extensive video surveillance. At least the one my friend works at does . File a formal complaint with the hospital or, as rockscan said, hire a personal injury lawyer. If you have anything approaching a case, the PI lawyer will help you for free... mostly.

Comment

This is what I know. He is a war veteran with mild PTSD. But has some depression. So he went to ER and when they called his name he whispered to the nurse that he has suicide feelings. She asked does he feel like harming someone else he said "kinda, if attacked/provoked" something like that.

He told them he has huge fear of closed places. They put him in a hallway where he waited for the doc. Doc apparently never arrived. They put him in a locked room, tied him up. punched him, pressed his face with their knees, left him in withdrawal for 12 hours without his prescribed narcotics, no food or drink for 12 hours and if the family and shrink didn't arrive he would continue to suffer.

So he filled out a 3 page complaint report to Alberta Edmonton hospital but that's bull IMO. If I were him I would call media or at very least spread it through social media.

BTW he resisted going to that room but if he has fears who wouldn't. He said to me quote "would you resist being put into a room full of scorpions". So I see where he is coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Iceberg View Post
              She asked does he feel like harming someone else he said "kinda, if attacked/provoked" something like that.
              General rule of thumb: If anyone asks if you feel like hurting other people, never say yes. Even if it is true. It will never work out well for you.

BTW he resisted going to that room but if he has fears who wouldn't.
              put him in a locked room, tied him up. punched him, pressed his face with their knees
              So, he resisted and they applied force to get him to comply. This complaint is going to be very difficult to pursue. Even if your friend is correct, the fact that he resisted makes it easy for the security team to justify a wide range of physical interventions.

So he filled out a 3 page complaint report to Alberta Edmonton hospital but that's bull IMO.
              Why is that bull? Seem like the proper first step to take.

So I see where he is coming from.
              Even if he is correct, he will not necessarily win. The guy resisted. This is like those movies where the cops are beating up a guy who is not fighting back at all, and they are yelling "stop resisting! stop resisting!". As soon as you resist, the cops/security basically get to ramp up their aggression in a very substantial way.

Again, to be clear, I'm not saying your friend is wrong. I'm just saying that the most he could do is the "bullshit" complaint report. Legally, this strikes me as a case that would be almost impossible to win.

If you are his friend, instead of ramping up the victimhood by telling him to go to the media, I would work with him on getting past this unfortunate incident and moving on with his life.

Comment

I agree with you but this was hospital not street or jail the guy voluntarily came there for help. Even if he felt like hurting others he didn't hurt nobody he asked for help, perhaps something to calm him down. A place that induced psychoses he had to resist. Again it is hospital where they help people. They could have tied him in bed in hallway or chair, they just played tough.

He is not willing to forget it because they were beating him and when they finished the tie up they were pressing their fists or elbovs on his face just to hurt him. And I am not making him a victim, he is one. He can do whatever he want but those dogs should IMO get fired. And staff...why not food, meds? What if I was in his shoes with a bad heart? A heart attack and they find me dead hours later. They are guilty.

Comment

It probably could of been handled better but he resisted and also said that he felt like harming someone else. The staff has to protect him and others.

I wonder if it was as bad as he said it was or did his PTSD influence what he perceived was happening? In his state of mind he may have been having some sort of episode and his mind may have been working overtime.

He did the right thing filing the complaint with the hospital. He needs to follow up on that. A lawsuit and contacting the media may not be a great idea. Unless he has a total winnable case why put himself out there like that? I am thinking it would not help his PTSD. Maybe next time he feels the need to go to the hospital you can go with him as a witness and to help him? Is he under the regular care of some sort of mental health expert?

I do feel sorry for your friend if all he says happened. The hospital had to put him in a room so they could make sure he wouldn't harm others in the waiting room. As for his fear of closed spaces, the hospital only has so much space and he had to of know that he would most likely be in a room at some point to be examined.

Comment

I will see if he tell me anything about his complaint to the hospital. Maybe that was the only room like you say but why did they punch him in the head and press elbow against his jaw and head when he couldn't move? He is not a strong person either. He was in Afghanistan war but since them medications ruined him.

Why no doctor visited him to see how he is in those 12 hours? If that was the only room why they let him go into withdrawal? Hunger? No blankets. Why they didn't put him to sleep or something. He clearly stated upon arrival (just do not give me a closed, locked up room).

He accidentally sent his 3 page complaint to doctor-patient relationship so the email he got back with correction also said "that is horrible what happened to you".

I do not think this covenant hospital will do a thing. He is still in pain but more in psychological pain. They even got him naked to put on diapers. Embarrassed him. I would be mad too.

But if no local paper takes his story I will help him to flood network social media because, in the beginning I thought he got what he deserved for resisting but when I learned they literally abused him on purpose and that his fear of closed places is like if I was pushed in a room with many spiders I changed my mind.

I will help him as much as I can. I used to be a hospital security guard but it never crossed my mind to abuse someone weather he was fighting back or not. Once I punched one guy but after we got him down it would be evil to keep harming him.

Comment

Contacting the media is not a good idea. The reasons are as follows:

1. The media exploit these stories in an effort to sell their organizations. They will extort your friend to their own benefit. It will not be unbiased.

2. If it goes to the media there will be backlash and that could impact your friend. Being anonymous in these types of situations is good. He will label himself a problem maker.

3. Holding anyone accountable after the media story will be impossible because the hospital will go into full on public relations mode and they will cover their asses.

These situations get escalated quickly and as others have said, when you resist you open yourself up to a lot of different scenarios. From the hospital perspective they have someone with suicidal thoughts who also thinks of harming others. I’m not saying they were right, I’m saying they were following protocol and depending on his resistance, may have used force for compliance.

There are power hungry individuals in positions of security and enforcement but they are also bound by specific protocols and rules. While they may have used excessive force, they are obligated to protect staff and other individuals. He should follow through on the complaint but know that there isn’t much he can do when he admitted thoughts of harm to others and resisted security. Going to the media isn’t going to help. In fact it could make it much worse.

He could also try his provincial ombudsman as hospitals are provincially funded.

Comment

Alberta Hospital Edmonton is specifically an institution that deals with people with severe mental issues. He likely is a patient (would explain why he went there instead of the Royal Alexandra Hospital).

The hospital has an ombudsman process and he is correct in going that route. Often patients experience terrible side-effects of new medications and have intense hallucinations and other side-effects.

There are highly-trained specialized staff at that facility.

My recommendation is to let the staff and his doctor help him.

I would add: many years ago my best friend sadly was diagnosed and treated at the facility. On one of the trips in the little white van to the hospital she swore that she had a very good conversation with an international pop star. It is very difficult to watch a good friend go through mental illness.

Comment

He sent me his complaint copy that he emailed to wherever it was supposed to go. When you read it it does sound scary.

My guess is the best he can do is "paint' the hospital by spreading his story. His wish is to get those security fired and apology but I highly doubt it.

Media works for themselves only. They do not care about no one but a good story.

It would be nice to get the camera tape from the room before it gets lost.

He just texted me he is going to see a doc because jaw pain is too bad. Also called his shrink to see him sooner because didn't catch any sleep since it happened.

too complicated for me

Comment

arabian he lives in Lakewood so Grey nuns is closest. What can an ombudsman do?

Comment

The best thing you can do is advise your friend to make and KEEP his appointment and to continue taking his meds (likely went off of them as side-effects are not pleasant).

People with severe mental illness need compassion but beware that you have your life and enough of your own problems without taking on his. Don't get sucked into his drama or his likely incessant phone calls/texts. I've been where you are.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X