• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attending University MSW and 2-2-3 parenting plan

Hi,

I have a quick question. I have an interim access order from 2019:

1. I have access Thursday to Friday morning
    2. Access every 3rd weekend from Friday - Monday morning.

I was denied access from that time to October 2020; access was when she wanted me to have it.

In March 2020 I was accepted into an online part time Master's Program at wilfrid laurier and I informed my ex, thereafter she enrolled my then 4 year old son into a Montessori private school; we agreed before a judge that she can do that as long as she pays for the tuition. In August she took me to court asking me to pay half of the tuition, she stated that due to covid19 my son cannot be in public school; the judge ordered that I will contribute only $315 of the cost ($1200) because I consented and I will be attending university. I was forced to defer my studies to 2021.

In February 2021 I secured a lawyer to assist me with trial preparation for 2-2-3 access, I also secured casual employment so I can pay for my tuition. I secured a settlement conference date for December 10,2021. Today we had mediation to resolve the 2-2-3 parenting plan; the ex is not agreeable, she wants to increase access to every other weekend and Thursdays I don't have the weekend. I accepted the offer until settlement conference hoping that on that day I can request 2-2-3.

The recommended hours for online learning a week is 20, If granted the 2-2-3 parenting time, intend to focus on my son the 2 days I don't have him during the week and work casual employment on the 2 weekends I don't have him in the month. Note: I have a full time job 9-5, Monday to Friday as my ex.

Is this plan feasible, will the judge view it as unrealistic, please advise, your opinion is much appreciated.

Originally posted by guydeluxe2018 View Post
    Hi,
    she enrolled my then 4 year old son into a Montessori private school; we agreed before a judge that she can do that as long as she pays for the tuition. In August she took me to court asking me to pay half of the tuition, she stated that due to covid19 my son cannot be in public school; the judge ordered that I will contribute only $315 of the cost ($1200) because I consented and I will be attending university.
    It sounds like you ex lacks principals so expect some B.S. to come your way. You let her make the decision for school she bought that right....then took back the money she gave you for it....please don't fall for that again. Kid first, money second.

You don't say why you didn't start from 50/50, that is your eventual goal yes?
    Why will her lawyer say you not suitable for 50/50. Why did your lawyer let you settle for 70/30 until the case conference instead of standing firm at 50/50?

I stood firm at 50/50 though from the start. The ex relented so someone else might tell you how long it took them to get back to 50/50.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X