No announcement yet.

"I haven't read all the way throught the thread, but here's what I think"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is nice to have "updates" though, on threads, so that is appreciated. I especially find it useful, when someone posts an update on their thread, to say "hey, here is my outcome" if anyone wanted to know.

Comment

dad2bandm, I think that is why this place is such a useful tool.... helping people cut through their own noise.

I totally understand what you're saying; my original bone was being picked with some of the folks who were lobbing advice that was ignorant of basic facts that had been made crystal clear by the original poster. As I said, it's fine if you can't read through an entire thread, but stating "I haven't read the entire thread but here's my advice anyway" has only added to the complexity of certain threads. If people don't have the time to follow something, that's perfectly fine, they just shouldn't be posting on that particular thread.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
        I find if posters on here can't ascertain the particular facts of the scenario being presented by someone, they do try to offer the best general advice they can...for an anonymous online Internet forum.

It's practically impossible to follow some of the long-running threads on here. I know, I'm not going to wade through 15+ pages of a thread (or multiple threads), to try and make sure I'm up-to-date on someone's family law issue. Some people enjoy that...I do not.

I think it's really up to the original poster's to try and capture as much good info, concisely, as they can, to properly present their scenario, if they are looking for valuable responses...again, on an anonymous, online Internet forum.

I think poster's who need to rely on multiple long-running threads, to present their scenario, will have a harder time in court (if it comes to that), because it seems like they can't present well. Hopefully, they have a lawyer, who can. Are you going to comment to a judge, "gee, I already explained that in x document, page 255?"
        Yes. If some of these threads were analogous to affidavits we'd be in trouble. Thank god for lawyers and thank god this is only a chat forum.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X