X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custody x change software review?

Hi,

Just curious if anyone owns this software and if it worth looking into? I just stumbled across it tonight while looking for parenting plan examples.

Child Custody & Visitation Calendar Software - Child Custody X Change

I have a mac so i cant run it, so I thought I would see if anyone here has tried it and if it was worth the money, or if its more US focused.

Thanks

Hi,

We used the trial version of this software last year when creating a parenting plan. Not only did it help us get things together last year, having the old plan really helped.

I would say the best feature was the time sharing calendar, it was focused on US holidays and all that but at the same time was fully customizable so you could rename any holiday, change any date or add your own...

Not to mention it automatically calculates the % of time the child would spend with each parent based on the calendar you put in.

Anything that is US based can easily be changed to Canada and there is nothing in there that is "law" based that would affect you negatively.

It will def help you consider a lot of the options.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Comment

We use this software as a tracking tool, it is very easy to use, and were able to basically customize everything to fit our agreement. The timeshare tool is very useful, and with the reports that can be easily printed it is great!

Comment

Originally posted by locoroco View Post
        Hi,

Just curious if anyone owns this software and if it worth looking into? I just stumbled across it tonight while looking for parenting plan examples.

Child Custody & Visitation Calendar Software - Child Custody X Change

I have a mac so i cant run it, so I thought I would see if anyone here has tried it and if it was worth the money, or if its more US focused.

Thanks
        Custody Xchange is great but, it is limited to one parent's perspective. It does one thing many of the other platforms doesn't handle well which is complex scheduling.

Another alternative is:

Empower your shared child custody. - OurFamilyWizard | child custody | parenting time

or

sharedparenting.com

These are all on-line systems for which both parents can contribute to the schedule, communicate, exchange documents, etc... It is all managed by a 3rd party as well so the information entered is tracked as evidence usable in a court motion or at trial.

Good Luck!
        Tayken

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

locoroco - you mentioned you only have a Mac but if this software is what you want and you prefer to do it together at home you can purchase a three or four year lease back system - seen some for as little as $200 - $100 depending on the version of windows that comes with it *make sure you get it with Windows installed as purchasing a copy of WINDOWS alone will cost more than the machine. I am sure you would not need anything fancy or expensive here.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X