No announcement yet.

Battle for shared 50/50 custody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A kid isn't seeing their parent. I hope she has very thorough "Dr's notes" for the judge. Cant just skip important court dates like that.

She's seeing a counselor? Bahhh! Who cares. She can go to her friend's brother's cousin's mother ---> DR. Phil wannabe all she wants. Judges are on to this also.

Be strong. Fight the fight. It always amazes me how some mom's (errr..or dads) could win if they wanted .. even with the BS they spew, but they can't help but show their true colors in court and self-destruct their whole case.

Work hard .. then sit back and watch the fireworks as the judges rip her a new one and set up a decent schedule/order for you.

Comment

This is what I am presently doing. I requested more time and it was refused. Now that I have my request for more time and her refusal as an answer all documented as a proof, I'll go with the present schedule until the end of May. Nothing I can really do until we go in front of a judge. Asking for more is just a waste of time and money as I already know the answer. My lawyer's bill is high enough, there is no point of going back to her. Eurkkk!

Comment

Got an answer from her new lawyer saying that he will proceed in English even though the case started in French. If we ask the documentation to be translated in French, it won't be ready on time and we could miss the next motion so I decided to look at the documents in English but continue my proceeding in French. My ex knew about all this and after two French lawyers, she decided to hire an English one. Switching to second language is again a tactic to postpone everything and gain more time. Things only gets settled at temporary basis since the very start, it's insane.

The hic, I'm sure that a week before the motion, we will get something from their side that I'll need to answer. Then, he will probably requires that it should be translated and he will ask to postpone the date of the motion once again. This is getting more than ridiculous.

Comment

I could smell it coming!

Motion postponed until the end of June. She knows the judge will order more time between the kids with their father so STBX and her new lawyer are playing with the schedule to ajourne for any reason. The lawyer knew and confirmed that the motion was scheduled at the end of May and he had 3 months to get ready.

A week before the motion, he asked for adjournment because he has a trial. We said no as he knew about this since the beginning of March. He send a letter to the Head Judge and she grant him permission to ajourne to show at his trial. My lawyer had to contact the Head Judge who gave a new date scheduled in a month. We had to accept as the cost wasn't going to be awarded as the waiting was not for more than 2-3 months.

She's the one who call it over and she's now holding everything so it doesn't go anywhere.

She doesn't want me in her life anymore but want's to keep connected in some ways... hard to understand... always. Stupid she acted... stupid she will always act...

I've been waiting for decades for that day to come and now I have to wait another five weeks. The worst, she is seeking for more CS and she wants SS to start. She won't get any of those if she keeps on postponing the dates like that.

I know summer is coming and she is just trying to cut the access I should gain during that period. I won't be surprise if they asked for an adjournment at the end of June so nothing will happen before next Fall. Will this be considered a played tactic that will go against her?

By the way, the visits are going well even if D13 had missed some because STBX is not encouraging the contacts and she scheduled an ear surgery on the date of my birthday. Out of this, the kids enjoy the time they are spending with me and keep on asking when they can stay for sleepovers.

I'll keep myself busy doing renovations in the house as it is the only thing that keeps my anxiety at a lower level. Still can't go to work though. The concentration is not there and I am not ready to meet with those hypocrites.

Comment

Keep the faith, you're doing the best you can. Enjoy your parenting time you have and look forward the additional time you will have later.

Comment

Look up the rules. Call them on their delays

PRIMARY OBJECTIVE

(2) The primary objective of these rules is to enable the court to deal with cases justly. O. Reg. 114/99, r. 2 (2).

DEALING WITH CASES JUSTLY

(3) Dealing with a case justly includes,

(a) ensuring that the procedure is fair to all parties;

(b) saving expense and time;

(c) dealing with the case in ways that are appropriate to its importance and complexity; and

(d) giving appropriate court resources to the case while taking account of the need to give resources to other cases. O. Reg. 114/99, r. 2 (3).

DUTY TO PROMOTE PRIMARY OBJECTIVE

(4) The court is required to apply these rules to promote the primary objective, and parties and their lawyers are required to help the court to promote the primary objective. O. Reg. 114/99, r. 2 (4).

DUTY TO MANAGE CASES

(5) The court shall promote the primary objective by active management of cases, which includes,

(a) at an early stage, identifying the issues, and separating and disposing of those that do not need full investigation and

(b) encouraging and facilitating use of alternatives to the court process;

(c) helping the parties to settle all or part of the case;

(d) setting timetables or otherwise controlling the progress of the case;

(e) considering whether the likely benefits of taking a step justify the cost;

(f) dealing with as many aspects of the case as possible on the same occasion; and

(g) if appropriate, dealing with the case without parties and their lawyers needing to come to court, on the basis of written documents or by holding a telephone or video conference. O. Reg. 114/99, r. 2 (5).
              Family Law Rules: Rule 2- Interpretation - Gelman & Associates
              __________________________________________________ _____________

Scummy lawyers and high conflict ex's pray that you dont bring up the courts primary objectives during their quest to delay for status quo. It's not okay. Get it dealt with!

LF32

Comment

I decided to challenge the adjournment. Father's Day was refused. Apparently the kids doesn't want to stay with me two days in a row. I'll ask the judge to have them for the whole weekend. My lawyer told me that they might grant the adjournment as it's only in a month. For Father's Day, she think the judge will only bring the matter at the next motion. Everything sucks. The mother can act very selfish and she won't get any consequences for this. Her interest is not the children... it's the $$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by mafia007 View Post
                  I decided to challenge the adjournment. Father's Day was refused. Apparently the kids doesn't want to stay with me two days in a row. I'll ask the judge to have them for the whole weekend. My lawyer told me that they might grant the adjournment as it's only in a month. For Father's Day, she think the judge will only bring the matter at the next motion. Everything sucks. The mother can act very selfish and she won't get any consequences for this. Her interest is not the children... it's the $$$$$
                  This doesn't seem wise, fathers' day doesn't matter.... She is going to win for the next little while but you will be fine long term. You need to not make mistakes please.

Comment

Not mistaken

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
                    This doesn't seem wise, fathers' day doesn't matter.... She is going to win for the next little while but you will be fine long term. You need to not make mistakes please.
                    This is not only for Father's Day... but for the motion itself. They had three months to prepare for that motion and during that period, the STBX lawyer acknowledged three times that he would be ready for the motion. Last week, he asked to adjourn. The questions he was asking, we can tell that he haven't look at the case and wasn't paying attention. He was only proposing stuff that were done in the past and that had failed. He took another trial at the last minute because it was more lucrative. During that time, I get less time with my children and things are not moving on.

Comment

Was heading to Court this morning when I got an email from my lawyer saying that the OP was consenting to let me have the children on Father's Day from Noon to evening. Still I had to get an order signed by the Judge just to have that Special day.

You see, I always look at it the logical way to be fair and equal. When there is a settlement/judgement, it is always stated that on Mother's Day, the kids will spend the day with Mom and on Father's Day, with Dad. So basically, she should have agreed when I asked on the first instance. But she did not so this will be brought and added to my motion before the judge as evidence. Too bad for her but it's on my favor. In Family Law, you don't fight to keep the kids away from the other parent... you must prove that you are the parent that fit the most to the best interest of the children. Here, the mother had failed to show that.

Good news, I don't need to show up in Court this morning as we know the judge will adjourn to the end of June. Saving a couple of $$$.

Another small win for me. (But truly, it's a BIG WIN!)

Comment

Wow other good news...

Just got an email from my lawyer who spoke directly with the judge and the adjournment is now scheduled in less than two weeks.

I need this to gain more access with my children... it's a must especially before the summer holidays.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X