Decisions regarding the childrens health and education

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions regarding the childrens health and education

My SA states that both Mom and Dad will both make decisions on the kids education and health.
    I expressed a concern in an email about our kids returning to school and daycare and was replied with "I've already registered them. Feel free to keep them home on your days with them."
    I've asked to be cc'd on any emails to the daycares and schools about our kids but my ex goes about like I dont exist.
    Is there anything I can do about this?

Do you have a clause in your agreement about decision making? For instance: in the event of an impasse, parent a has final decision making authority or in the event of an impasse, the parties will seek out mediation prior to seeking court intervention?

Comment

Originally posted by HardWorkingDad View Post
      I expressed a concern in an email about our kids returning to school and daycare and was replied with "I've already registered them. Feel free to keep them home on your days with them."
      To be honest, if my ex wanted to keep the kids away from school I would have responded in the exact same way.

I've asked to be cc'd on any emails to the daycares and schools about our kids but my ex goes about like I dont exist.
      Why on earth should she CC you on emails? If you have any concerns, approach the school and/or daycare directly. Don't depend on your ex to keep you in the loop, keep yourself in the loop.

Is there anything I can do about this?
      The school thing? Possibly yes. There are going to be some fun Canlii cases to read in September. Parents who disagree are going to be spending tens of thousands of dollars. I'm not sure yet how it is going to play out.

I strongly suspect that parents will be allowed to send their kids to school. The government is basically saying "School is safe". It is reasonable to disagree, but if you go to court the onus will probably be on the "no school" parent to show that the government is wrong.

The CC thing? Probably not. Father up and deal with it yourself.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X