No announcement yet.

Travel Consent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much concern still exists about confidentiality when it comes to emails so many places have policies where patient or student information is not to be relayed by email (hospitals, schools etc.). If that is the case with your school perhaps you could simply fax your request to them. Phone them and alert them that you are sending in a letter via fax. Your request is not unreasonable. On the top of your letter put PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL and on the fax cover sheet have the typical blurb about confidentiality. If the school opts to divulge personal and confidential information to someone other than the "party to which it is intended" then I'd have a chat with your school superintendent.

Comment

Travel Consent

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      Much concern still exists about confidentiality when it comes to emails so many places have policies where patient or student information is not to be relayed by email (hospitals, schools etc.). If that is the case with your school perhaps you could simply fax your request to them. Phone them and alert them that you are sending in a letter via fax. Your request is not unreasonable. On the top of your letter put PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL and on the fax cover sheet have the typical blurb about confidentiality. If the school opts to divulge personal and confidential information to someone other than the "party to which it is intended" then I'd have a chat with your school superintendent.

Lol... You read my mind...this is exactly the approach I thought of while I was just in the shower..

Fax is best... I also thought I'd do the work for them make a Form with the information and just ask them to sign it and fax it back. Make a check box with I have concerns or I have no concerns and a comment section and they can fill it in.

Thanks Arabian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go through the school super intendant or principal. My partners ex was close to the teacher and school secretary and he got nowhere. One call to the super letting them know this was happening and the principal and teacher were playing nice in no time at all.

Comment

Form is a brilliant idea.

If you think your ex might use a medical excuse then craft a similar letter/fax to family physician.

Comment

Have a plan.

1 you will e-mail teacher two weeks before leaving requesting any homework that can be done while on vacation. ( did this twice and had nothing sent by teachers)

2 you will contact teacher 3 weeks after return to see if kids are back on track. If kids are behind and as recommended by teacher only, you hire a tutor for 3 sessions each to help them catch up on what was missed.

Again...my kids are not A students and had no issues with getting back on track after 10 days out of school.
            Last edited by good_mom; 10-07-2015, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Do I need a factum for a short motion?

Would it help?

Comment

Paperwork is all filed for my motion next Tuesday. I believe my ex has to serve me her response today.

Both teachers received the fax but neither would return it to me so I had to submit my affidavit without it.

Comment

I would bring any proof you ever get to the hearing and even if the teacher verbally says it's ok i would say that

Comment

So it looks like my ex is sticking with her "I disagree" on her 15b. She failed to serve me any response to my motion.

The only thing she can go on now is rule 14 (17) 3 for which she needs the courts permission.

EVIDENCE ON A MOTION
                    (17) Evidence on a motion may be given by any one or more of the following methods:

1. An affidavit or other admissible evidence in writing.

2. A transcript of the questions and answers on a questioning under rule 20.

3. With the court’s permission, oral evidence. O. Reg. 114/99, r. 14 (17).

Comment

Motion is tomorrow morning.

I'm a little nervous since I have no idea how this is going to go. Ex filed no response to the motion. This ads further unknown to the whole thing as I have no idea what she's going to say or do, but that's par for the course for her.

Anyone been through something similar with any advice on being before a judge?

Comment

I had a similar issue. The trip was planned for July. I booked and paid the trip in March. in April my ex decided that our daughter was not allowed to go to Cuba with me, "because they speak a foreign language there".
                        I immediately started a motion. Judge ordered OCL. (I got a corrupt sh*t worker from OCL, so her report is just a pile of crap.) On the next court appearance in December five months after the planned trip when the judge announced when she walked in the court room that she had 2 hours for 20 cases so I decided to give up as the judge never read anything in advance, and I didn't feel like hearing her decision she would come up with after a 6 minutes hearing.

The court is so unpredictable that even if you think it is a slam dunk, it is better to come to an agreement if there is any way. (actually we went to that trip in the middle of the court case because I threatened my ex that if she didn't agree us going to Cuba we would go camping in North Ontario and that was scarier for her than than Cuba. That was 2 years ago. This summer we had a 4 week amazing trip in Europe with my daughter without any arguments)

Comment

Originally posted by BitHunter View Post
                          I had a similar issue. The trip was planned for July. I booked and paid the trip in March. in April my ex decided that our daughter was not allowed to go to Cuba with me, "because they speak a foreign language there".
                          I immediately started a motion. Judge ordered OCL. (I got a corrupt sh*t worker from OCL, so her report is just a pile of crap.) On the next court appearance in December five months after the planned trip when the judge announced when she walked in the court room that she had 2 hours for 20 cases so I decided to give up as the judge never read anything in advance, and I didn't feel like hearing her decision she would come up with after a 6 minutes hearing.

The court is so unpredictable that even if you think it is a slam dunk, it is better to come to an agreement if there is any way. (actually we went to that trip in the middle of the court case because I threatened my ex that if she didn't agree us going to Cuba we would go camping in North Ontario and that was scarier for her than than Cuba. That was 2 years ago. This summer we had a 4 week amazing trip in Europe with my daughter without any arguments)

Did you have an order already that permitted travel?

I'd like to believe that my case will be different but this story is the exact reason I'm nervous

Comment

Good Luck today FB.

As long as you have a plan on how to deal with school for the kids, you will do fine. In an intact family that is what most do is have a plan for the kids return to school. If you had taken vacation with kids while married this is good to bring up since ex would have approved the travel.

You can take an educational spin on the travel by using it as an opportunity for them to learn about the culture, customs and history of that part of the world.

This is taking a child focus view on the travel instead of what OP is doing by saying NO.

Comment

I've received my travel consent. However no change to the existing order and no costs.

Thanks for everyone's help

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
                                I've received my travel consent. However no change to the existing order and no costs...
                                Good to hear FB_.
                                I'm curious, what, if anything, was said, about no costs being awarded, by the judge?

Wasn't your ex basically just sticking with "I disagree", including up to being in front of the judge?

Enjoy your time away, with the kids.
                                Last edited by dad2bandm; 10-27-2015, 11:51 AM. Reason: Finished thought.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X