This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch time access

My ex has made the unilateral decision to take the kids out of school for lunch one day a week on my days with the kids. I said O.K. sounds like a great idea we can alternate. But she refuses to share the lunch times and tells me to take them out some other day. Well that is not possible for me.

She is pushy and likes to make unilateral decisions. She is also actively trying to reduce my access. Currently we co parent. Why is she being so confrontational and stubborn. Why does it have to be during my days?

Is she somehow trying to break up my access? or just asserting her dominance?

Were you taking the kids to lunch on those days already? If no, then I'd say let it go!

Comment

Last school year they had lunch with me every school day since I lived only 2 blocks away. In the summer she moved them to a neighbouring town so now they are 30min away.
      Last edited by CycleDad; 02-18-2011, 06:49 PM. Reason: every school day

Comment

It sucks that they were moved away. That is the bigger issue.

But I guess that means your answer is no.

She is not impinging on time that you were spending with your kids. I understand that it is galling though.

That said, though, i think it would be reasonable that if you do want to spend an occasional lunch time with your kids, then you should be able to request that you will be seeing them that particular day. But saying that you will start taking a big chunk out of your workday to go see the kids at lunch just because she wants to (and can easily) see them sounds like rotten eggs.
        Last edited by dinkyface; 02-18-2011, 07:06 PM.

Comment

If you mean this school year, no.
          I'm letting it go!

Peace.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X