This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economic Realities

In-home separations are standard practice in Canada but this Italian decision is a little more extreme. Interesting that the judge cited economic reasons, yet this couple has a maid.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/14/wo...dayspaper&_r=0

The property belongs to the husband’s parents, but the judge ordered the man to bisect it to create two independent abodes, citing economic considerations and the well-being of the couple’s two daughters, ages 6 and 7, according to the written ruling released by the court this month.

....The ruling noted that until now the husband had insisted that his wife stay at home, but the financial crisis could now compel her to find a job. The ruling did not specify whether she should get rid of the maid.

I also like the part where the judge ordered them to cut down on needless expenses such as horseback riding and sailing lessons for the girls.... Yep you have to like those "economic considerations"

Comment

In-home separations are standard practice in Canada
      Not in Quebec, In Quebec filing for divorce is considered such a tense maneuver that once somebody does it it is better to separate the people.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
        I also like the part where the judge ordered them to cut down on needless expenses such as horseback riding and sailing lessons for the girls.... Yep you have to like those "economic considerations"
        My ex-wife decided that the kids should suddenly have to go to private school, all 4 of them! We're talking 1984-85 here. I got severely hosed back in those days, I don't miss them one bit. Things may have changed today.

Comment

Or wear a condom?

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
            I know sometimes guys don't get a say in it because the female just goes ahead and gets pregnant anyway...so after 1 or 2, perhaps it will be wise for guys to just get nipped?
            All by herself? Because birth control is only ever a woman's responsibility? Or it just magically happens because she wants it to? The 'male' has zero accountability?

W
            T
            F
            ?

Comment

All by herself? Because birth control is only ever a woman's responsibility? Or it just magically happens because she wants it to? The 'male' has zero accountability?
              You can't expect misogynistic trolls to take responsibility for anything.

Frankly, someone that detests woman should simply have their emotional lives with other men. You can tell that's really what they're into which is why they bash women constantly.

Any decent, self-respecting woman find these types repugnant anyway. The only types of women that bother with them are the insecure, weak kind who feel like they don't deserve a decent man.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                You can't expect misogynistic trolls to take responsibility for anything.

Frankly, someone that detests woman should simply have their emotional lives with other men. You can tell that's really what they're into which is why they bash women constantly.

Any decent, self-respecting woman find these types repugnant anyway. The only types of women that bother with them are the insecure, weak kind who feel like they don't deserve a decent man.
                Ouch.

LOL.

Comment

This is no way to talk about your online "older man" from the US ....obviously you are unsecure and weak, that you had to cross the border.
                  Not sure why looking for love in a country other than your own is a sign of insecurity and weakness.

Would that hold true for race, colour, religion etc.. too?

Comment

Not sure why looking for love in a country other than your own is a sign of insecurity and weakness.
                    I have American citizenship since I was born there and live close to the border. However, I know many people who meet and fall in love with people from outside of their own country. They learn another culture...another diet...and another perspective.

But small minded people make small minded comments.

Comment

NO....get nipped period because a condom can be poked by a manipulated *********
                      You are suggesting she is being manipulated???
                      Ha- you probably meant manipulating------

Comment

Hope this serves as a lesson to those that thinking of having many kids

It always seems to be those that can't afford it, that end up having loads of kids these days...sheer madness
                        You're taking an unrelated comment, and using it to shape one of your targetted barbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                          In-home separations are standard practice in Canada but this Italian decision is a little more extreme. Interesting that the judge cited economic reasons, yet this couple has a maid.
                          A lot of "splitting couples" in Canada, wish they could retain this lifestyle during a "split". chuckle. No bunking on a friend's couch here.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X