Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Costs

Hi,

I have gone through the divorce process, final, just this summer and I was awarded costs.

My ex is now disputing our SA, which we both had input in and which contains all of her demands. All negotiations were done by email and I have kept them.

But it looks like this will be opened up again. My question, can she take me to court before she settles the previous court costs that I was awarded?

Thanks

I don't understand. Is she disputing your final divorce order, or agreement, from just this past summer? What specifically is she disagreeing with?

I'm sure others will chime in, that are more knowledgable, but I thought you had to wait at least 6 months, before an order can be revisited?

Comment

Trust me. Your ex can take you to court indefinitely to dispute your agreement, even if it was handed down by a judge. There is a myriad of reasons for someone to try to have a divorce order revisited. There is always a lawyer who will represent a disgruntled ex. You may be awarded costs but it will likely never cover your true legal costs.

This has been my life for the past 4 yrs.

Comment

The ex is disputing the terms of the SA, she is fine with the divorce.

She claims that we never entered into a mutual consensus to create the SA even though that is not the case. So now she is trying to make it invalid.

I don't think she has a case but that won't stop it from going through the courts.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X