View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 03:03 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=kate331;233872]I need your thoughts, prayers, good vides etc as S(4) is in intense care sedated at our local childrenís hospital after a freak sledding accident./quote]

Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate331 View Post
Iím trying so hard not to blame the ex for his lack of judgement but itís really hard right now.
Unfortunately, it won't solve the problem that you both currently face. I highly recommend you talk to the social worker that is assigned to your matter. They are very helpful and will guide you through everything and even help with your anxiety. Don't shy away from them. Many parents don't realize that they have access to them.

Quote:
Iím racked with guilt seeing my baby hooked up to all the machines, and not being there in his time of need because I wanted my ďme timeĒ and my ďrespite timeĒ. If I could turn back the cloak I would in a heartbeat.
This isn't your fault. It really isn't the other parent's fault. It is a freak accident as you stated. Again, talk to the social worker about how you are feeling. Everyone in the family needs to heal when things like this happen. These feelings of guilt and anxiety can and will create obstacles for you when you have to make medical decisions for your child. The social worker is there to help everyone in the family.

Quote:
The hospital here offers a bed beside their child, he looks so peaceful sleeping and Iím on here venting . I donít think I will be able to sleep at all tonight.
You probably won't be but, one of the things you will need to do is sleep and eat. The next 48 hours is going to be horrible. I can't even imagine what you are going through but, please do not forget to take care of yourself too.

Quote:
So thanks for the long vent!!! I donít know if I want to barf or faint right now but thanks for listening cause itís gotten me though some the evening.
I would recommend barfing over fainting. If you are feeling ill at all don't hesitate to call a nurse. The last thing you want is to faint and become a medical emergency too. Please sit down and don't hesitate to call for a nurse if your own condition changes.

Quote:
If Iím not making much sense I think itís because Iím still in shock over his condition.
You are probably in shock. They have services to assist you at the hospital. Utilize them. The healthier you are the better you can help your family through this.