View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 01:28 PM
arabian's Avatar
arabian arabian is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 10,697
arabian will become famous soon enough

My advice is simple: back off and let your husband handle this with his ex wife. It is not your place to be involved legally in this matter. Your relationship with your husband is separate from his relationship with his children and his ex. If/when the children reunite with their father give them space/time alone with their father. Remember, the kids came many years before you. Your position is to be supportive to your ex. That certainly doesn't mean launching litigation against his ex on his behalf. Being a step-parent can't be easy. You have to know your limitations. It sounds as though you had a good relationship at one time with his children. If they want a relationship with you in the future let them come to you. You have no idea what stresses they have in their lives. Let it go.