Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hows the partner brother doing financially at the same business that they share?
    Do they have similar assets?

Comment

@logicalvelocity, I'll be 60 after the next 13 years or so, when one of my children wants to follow med school and the other God knows what 5 years degree will want to get. And I'll provide CS, with my ex telling them his father is just forced by the law to do so.

When you talk about responsibilities, where does this stop? Because ten years ago, when I was preparing my savings account for the med school, my wife was rather interested in saving children in Africa with that money, and now we no longer have those savings for our own kids.

Comment

Lol, you're funny. If your looking for my sympathy towards something that may or may not happen in the future, You're not going to get it.

Why not take the wait and see approach and deal with the crisis then. I guess your kids like many others can apply for OSAP or equivalent as per your jurisdiction when the time comes, and if they qualify, they will be entitled.

Comment

you didn't get the point, man.
          "attempt to get out of their responsibilities" is in many cases just not renouncing completely to live your life. rszalai tried to tell you the same thing.

BTW, I know a guy who tried to sell pixels from his website, $1 the dot, to get money for his studies. He was an idiot, yeah? And he was making at that time less than 15K

PS: he received over one million donations.

Comment

And you didn't get the point's man! Which many have tried to tell you in your other threads.

As far as "attempt to get out of their responsibilities" I guess we wouldn't require a family responsibility office if that wasn't true.

Comment

LOL, didn't see "many", but I get the point now

BTW, "your looking" is also "you're"

...Bye, man, peace and happy new year, have fun with your nicks

Comment

Funny you should ask about the brother! He has a HUGE house, which he completely remodeled just over a year ago. Normally, the two brothers spend part of their winters in Ireland, but not this year cause my ex's passport is suspended. The brother also just bought a brand new 2011 pick up truck (really big truck too with 2 tires in the back, not sure what they are called) with all the bells and whistles. He too is divorced (2 kids), and pays quite a bit more than my ex in CS (although I am not sure of the exact figure).

I did not intend to start a big thing about charities and stuff. I am not able to speak to a lawyer until next week and I am unfamiliar with how all of this works. In a nutshell, his business income is 70,000/year. His support payments now are based on an income of 50,000/year. He wants that dropped to be based on 15,000/year retroactive to Jan 2009. He is now 19 months behind in support through FRO.

For those of you who have been through this before, based on the above numbers, how do you see this playing out?

Thats it. Thats all I wanted to know.

Comment

Originally posted by florio View Post
                  I'm a bit disturbed by your stay-at-home moms (probably) judgment.
                  I'm interested in clarification on this remark before I jump to the conclusion that you are implying that stay at home moms are stupid, especially when it comes to business/finances.

Do tell.

Comment

My honest opinion on the outcome Supra is tied to how well your lawyer exposes their creative accounting measures.

The 'numbers' do not make sense considering their lifestyle and that of their business "partner" of twenty years, whom is also their brother.

Unfortunately, you most likely will require full business record disclosure, which may be problematic in itself. To alleviate the burden, many just go on to impute a reasonable income.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                      I'm interested in clarification on this remark before I jump to the conclusion that you are implying that stay at home moms are stupid, especially when it comes to business/finances.

Do tell.
                      Go right ahead and jump.

Comment

His CS was imputed. LOL Talk about a big mess. I filed the motion to change orginally about 18 months ago. He did not show up for 2 court dates and did not supply paperwork etc. The judge got fed up and imputed the amount based on the average wages in the same field (which my lawyer felt was too low) in Ontario. My ex still did not respond and FRO got fed up and ordered a default hearing. This he finally showed up to and stated he was going to file a motion to change (the imputed amount set by the judge). The judge gave him 30 days to disclose his income and file his proof of income etc (proof FRO asked for back in Oct 09). He filed last week or yesterday, not sure which, this paperwork. His default hearing was adjoured to March. However, he wants me to settle the motion of change before hand and agree to this new lower amount.

Now I have to go back to my lawyer and see what he says. Stupid really. I have taken far too much time off work to deal with this as it is.

The judge also ordered him to make payments on certian dates between the default hearing and the adjournment. The first one he made, however he did not make the second.

Bottom line. His CS has already been imputed by a judge. This occured last May.

Comment

Never really know what will occur, but, I think it won't be to their favor. Depends how well your lawyer defends their action.

I suspect their earlier imputed income will be reaffirmed, arrears to date re-tallied, with interest, and additional costs awarded against them for their motion to change.

The March default hearing is an action all on its own, and is for enforcement measures only. They could be facing incarceration. Choice is theirs.

Comment

Thank you. It concerned me that after 2 years of chasing him around for financial statements, him not appearing in court or responding to anyone, he shows up finally with these crazy numbers. It's frustrating. Where were these numbers 2 years ago? I now have to start all over again.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X