This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w00t!

My Dad passed away awhile back - and he left me two rifles in his will.

My ex caught wind of this (after I showed them to the boy, who was naturally impressed and told Mom I now had guns.)

Obviously, the ex included this information to the police when she had me charged with Uttering Threats about two years ago (funny. That happened about 2 weeks after the boy saw them...)

Anyways... A whole lot of BS and 2 years later - I have finally been approved and received for my Possesion Acquistion License. As of This evening, these family heirlooms are now back in my posession. Thanks very much to the local polce force who listened to my complaints and did not destroy them after having them in their posession for greater than 6 months. (which is apparently SOP for them.)

Sometimes at least, when you keep calm, cool, and collected - the police see the truth of the matter and actually will give you a break.

So now I just have to join a club if I want to ever use them, as I do not hunt. Well, maybe the .22 would be fun up at the cottage for plinkng cans in the woods.

Good stuff. Me so pleased right now
    Last edited by wretchedotis; 10-09-2012, 08:35 PM.

Congrats... unfortunate you had to go through that...but hopefully this will help you down the road to prove how ridiculous the ex can be?

Comment

I am all all too aware at how difficult the 'ex' can be.

I was just as hard on her at one point of time.

Well, maybe not to the extent at calling CAS/Cops/anyone who would listen just to feel better.

But I was definately a d*ck to her at times over the years.

There is a learning curve, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
        My Dad passed away awhile back - and he left me two rifles in his will.

My ex caught wind of this (after I showed them to the boy, who was naturally impressed and told Mom I now had guns.)

Obviously, the ex included this information to the police when she had me charged with Uttering Threats about two years ago (funny. That happened about 2 weeks after the boy saw them...)

Anyways... A whole lot of BS and 2 years later - I have finally been approved and received for my Possesion Acquistion License. As of This evening, these family heirlooms are now back in my posession. Thanks very much to the local polce force who listened to my complaints and did not destroy them after having them in their posession for greater than 6 months. (which is apparently SOP for them.)

Sometimes at least, when you keep calm, cool, and collected - the police see the truth of the matter and actually will give you a break.

So now I just have to join a club if I want to ever use them, as I do not hunt. Well, maybe the .22 would be fun up at the cottage for plinkng cans in the woods.

Good stuff. Me so pleased right now
        I had the unfortunate opportunity to sit in on a motion hearing once where a solicitor actually told a judge that the mother abducted children in contravention of the CCC 283.(1) and filed an improper emergency ex-parte motion because the mother feared the father had "guns and bombs in the basement".

Suffice to say, the judge was not impressed at the allegation and the response from the judge was not candid about the allegation. Suffice to say, the judge was NOT impressed at all.

It is always amazing to see what negative advocate solicitors will actually accuse the other party of in oral arguments.

Comment

Thats great news! All to often when false allegations are used, often it is one to the police that the other person has guns and, they are afraid. Been there too, I didn't have any weapons so there was nothing to take. These are standard recommendations for false allegations from negative advocates…they are not always solicitors.

Comment

My X called the police on me and said I threatened to kill him. I'm already in my own apartment and along comes this officer rings the bell and asks me if I own a firearm. I replied yes and he then ask if he could see it. I said no problem but first wanted to know why. That's when he told me my X said I threatened him.

I showed the officer my firearm, my PAL, my hunting license and my gun registration. My firearm has a trigger guard and my shells are locked in another area. The officer told me my X said I was mentally unstable, dangerous, crazy, on drugs yada yada yada.

The officer sat with me for about 30 mins...we talked...and he took my firearm in good faith. I told him I didn't need it until the fall. The very next day I get a call from Toronto, the gun registry was sending me a medical form for my doctor to fill out as my X called them as well and told them the same thing as he told the police.

To make a long story short my Dr. signed everything and faxed it to the minister stating I had no mental or drug issues whatsoever and that this was a waste of his time, the police's time and the ministry's time.

I got an apology from all three and my weapon 2 days later.

Now when he cries wolf....NO ONE LISTENS

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X