Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the main reason for your relationship breakdown?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of communication, conversation, pulling his arm back or body if I touched his arm or back when I walked by, disrepect, lieing...I imagine it was similiar to being married to a caveman ! ha... After 11 years I stopped ignoring it as the kids started to make comments...2 more years where I was as frigid and disconnected as I could possibly be on purpose, along with his from above-great combination lead to the end...

Comment

• What we believe are 'reasons' a marriage breaks down, are actually our own demons. When we start being honest with ourselves, and stop trying to make excuses, our lives will get back on track and we may have a real chance at finding happiness.

Comment

• My marriage seems to have had the same problems as many others here. He lied, stole from me, spent every cent we had, and on an on. In the end I realized it wasn't a myriad of problems, it was his insecurties. His lack of self esteem, hidden by a falxe bravado were the root of all our problems, and unfortunately, are still causing problems.

Comment

• lost Dreams.....

never thought i would post here but hey why not!

We had our ---- sorry my stbx had her dream of being a stay at home mom, like her mom. Stbx's best years were the years from 0-2....maybe three when every child begins the slow journey to independance. But here someone wrote - too bad dude you hitched up with the wrong gal. Tough but 4 years in and third on the way was the first time i really thought why?

Ignore, the best i could, the not so good as one must accept people for who they are - good and well the not so good. Try hard at making the good things better and then like pulling the carpet from under your feet - I was involved in what I know now as my "chance" accident - actually it was more of an injury from doing everything right that day. 5, 6? years of struggle but the "cap was off the marker" and the writing was on the wall. Figurative yes but a good way at looking at how everything really did change when we discovered that her dream was not going to be what she expected. She was going to have to go back to work.... even if was just part time - just in case. 10 more years of fighting with all I had - but it was finally time.

My marriage ended the day I - She said over and over that it didn't matter. But it did. We were an active couple - no rock climbing or bungie jumping but we were out there doing something, walking, hiking, off to the Rockies when we could. Now I can barely just make it walking (at a cane's pace)around the block.

I will always remember the day I cried. The day when I knew in my heart I had nothing more to give, I realized even then that our lives were never going to be the same or what we had dreamed (but then does anyone?)

Drawn out - yes. Our marriage ended that fateful day three months before our marriage even took place. The seed was planted, 15 years later it was time. I have never worked since. My wife now had the role that would change her. I now had the role that would change me. I had taken over her dream. After getting through so much together - it is finally time we find our own new dreams.

Comment

• Lies...etc.

Comment

• Infidelity

I cannot believe this is not one of the check boxes,my ex had an affair, we seeked councelling and it appeared to be dealt with for a few years even to the point of taking a family trip to Hawaii(where she was even suggesting looking for a new wedding band for me!!). 3 months after returning i caught her in a new affair !! THAT needless to say was the last of our marriage....fool me once,shame on me...fool me twice,shame on you!

Comment

• So sorry to hear...hope you are making a better life for yourself!

Comment

• I have to agree with Scrapmom....there wasn't just one issue and the stress of all the issues just took it's toll. I have always been a believer that a differnce can be made if you tried. I tried....but had an unwilling partner. I think it goes to show the same in divorce as he's still fighting for things after two and half years and I'm ready to settle and have been!

Comment

• Infidelity

Comment

• All of the above...

Comment

• Cheater!! And it was only once (from what he told me) but it was unforgiveable, and I could never look at him the same way ever again! At least he is a fantastic Father...

Comment

• [quote=yearsgone;18291]I divorced him because I don't like his girlfriend.[/quote

Good one

Comment

• Hi Barry,
                            I agree with the evidence issue's. I was framed for assault by my ex 2 months after our separation on a day I was to pick-up our daughter for weekend access. The OPP didn't ask my ex at the time of the occurrence if she was assaulted, even though the female office noticed red marks on her arms that resulted in her attempt to remove our daughter from my car. The police notes included in the court disclosure contradict how the officer came to notice bruising on the ex's arms. My 7 yrold daughter had to experience her mother in a fit of rage and ran away from her mother with me down the street. I believe that sent over the edge and faked the bruising on her arms as inflicted by me. OPP took her word for everything and all I said was lies. No investigation happened, no motives for the possible framing I offered(custody battle soon to start). She had all the authorities on her side and the whole justice system coming down on me.
                            I plan to find a way to get her charged with falsifying statements to implicate an innocent person in a crime, lying to police, perjury, and using such information to gain leverage in a family court proceeding.

Comment

• sad to hear, similar story here except no assault ever and no marks nothing, the allegation was that i took her to a very public place and punched her (surprisingly no one saw) A YEAR AGO! boom no evidence, nothing at all but still charged!

Comment

• He wont accept his mental illness

He said he filed for divorce because I never made him happy. He also thought he was going to get a giant pot of money! He is a compulsive liar, was diagonosed with Depression, Bopolar and Personality Disorder over 30 years by several psychiatrists and mental health professionals. He beleives I made him that way. Now the lawyers will be getting everything because he keeps fireing them. He is on his 3rd one. Each time its like starting all over.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X