Domestic Violence Genders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
    It certainly is genderless. I would never assume otherwise, nor write it anywhere. I will also do some research to help your case out.
    Thank you for that, LF32. There's little research available but another eye could provide a newfound perspective. I rather take comfort in your profound ability and professional skill set for inspiration.

Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by BF View Post
      OntarioDaddy, this is the research I have sourced regarding the new BC family law:
      I was going to ask you to cite your source(s), as citing sources is a rather particular required internet courtesy for both the author(s) of your source and for the forum readers. I know I personally wanted to follow your source and read other comments, but I'm also of firm belief that the majority of our forum members are intelligent enough to follow the links and read thoroughly, follow comments, etc., without the pursing.

I'm also not fond of quoting entire volumes of text, as anyone who is trying to follow via Tapatalk loses much of the screen. For future consideration, links are the way to go. And in most scenarios, we don't need the emphases.

But urrrrgg.. seriously? It appears you owe OrleansLawyer an apology for plagiarism.. That's what happens when you don't cite your sources -- People go looking for them.

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...-law-bc-15878/
      Last edited by mcdreamy; 08-01-2015, 08:18 PM. Reason: eta: linking to the original material
      Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Thank you for the link. I could not find NewOrleansLawyer's post to cite nor do I believe readers / members of this board are not intelligent.

The base of information I provided OntarioDaddy did stem from NewOrleansLawyer but the extensive research and depth is mine, as it is a direct copy and paste from an email to my lawyer.

A private message to address your accusation would've sufficed. I would have had no issue posting NewOrleansLawyer's post link for additional foundation. No offence intended. If necessary, an apology and compliments goes out to NOL. It has been helpful to my case.

I am not sure what emphasis is offensive or lost for TapaTalk users, McDreamy. Could you explain?

Thanks again.

Otherwise, peace on this board. PMs could rectify (personal?) issues prior to displays of harming online reputations that have no ill intent.

Comment

I think what mcdreamy is trying to point out to you is merely some forum rules:

1. If you do, as you say, "extensive research" and use another author's work then you must site that particular author. You may very well have researched very hard and provided this "extensive research" in an email to your lawyer but you still are obligated to site your source. Just because it is in a personal email from you to your lawyer doesn't make it automatically exempt from need to site your source.

2. In future posts (where you use someone else's idea) it might be helpful to put in the link and then cut and paste a very small portion of it onto a post. In doing this you are emphasizing the passage and there is no need for bolding.

3. Many people view the forum threads when they are out in a restaurant or in a park or ... while on their hand-held devices and simply do not want to read a weighty tome, rather are more interested in people's posts.

I am sure you will contribute titillating posts for our reading pleasure. We just ask that you keep the textbook cut-paste to a minimum in the future.

Cheerio

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
            I think what mcdreamy is trying to point out to you is merely some forum rules:
            Thank you for the clarification. It was an honest omission without ill-intent.

1. If you do, as you say, "extensive research" and use another author's work then you must site that particular author. You may very well have researched very hard and provided this "extensive research" in an email to your lawyer but you still are obligated to site your source. Just because it is in a personal email from you to your lawyer doesn't make it automatically exempt from need to site your source.
            It was honestly impossible to recall. A simple PM would've rectified it immediately.

2. In future posts (where you use someone else's idea) it might be helpful to put in the link and then cut and paste a very small portion of it onto a post. In doing this you are emphasizing the passage and there is no need for bolding.
            Aside from my last post in response to bolding, I do not believe I have bolded anything. But I could be wrong in the few posts I have made. I have no desire to check any of my previous posts. Anyone is welcome to do so but I believe it would add no value to anything.

3. Many people view the forum threads when they are out in a restaurant or in a park or ... while on their hand-held devices and simply do not want to read a weighty tome, rather are more interested in people's posts.
            I have no experience with TapaTalk. Therefore I cannot comment on this.

I am sure you will contribute titillating posts for our reading pleasure. We just ask that you keep the textbook cut-paste to a minimum in the future.
            Perhaps I will. Unlikely. I will point out the premise of this thread was hijacked and steered from the importance of the original topic.

Comment

Mcdreamy is a moderator and moderators are free to make whatever comments they want. I have been reminded of rules, on several occasions in the past, from the mods for transgressions. I just looked and I have 7200+posts on here (yikes!).

Tapatalk is an "app" that people download (install) on their cell phones so they can better follow and contribute to this forum (and other forums).

So back to your thread. You were posting about victims of a different sort of abuse I believe - someone abused by legal system? I believe that is considered "abuse of process" in some instances. I have read about it on CanLii. Sometimes the only way to stop this is to have a judge seize a file. My ex took me to court continuously 6 years after our divorce was finalized. Every time we went to court we were in front of a different judge. Things crawled along until we requested, and received, case management.

Is this perhaps what you are discussing? If so, then perhaps the mods can move your thread to another category because I don't believe it would be considered domestic violence.

Comment

The only problem with being the victim, starting with DV is not the written law. Boil down the ten million words used to explain and impliment the law and the only problem I see with it is Judges do not use the law. No evidence should mean no problem.

Instead they error in the name of caution and make a temporary conviction. This covers their ass. Any monkey can do that, any dam monkey can take in an accusation ignore the facts and delay a dission.

No stinking hear say allowed.!! Need that to be a ten thousand worded written section of law. But it probably is allowed, which totally defeats the purpose of Evidence. Arrrrrrrugh!!!!!¡
                Last edited by Franklin; 08-03-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X