This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paperwork to complete divorce

I am self-represented and have just finished mediation / arbitration. I have a signed separation agreement, and form 25a (divorce order) has been completed. Now I just need to file all the necessary papers with the court in order to get my divorce. But I can't find out exactly what I still need to file in terms of forms, documents, etc. etc. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Hello Didit,

I also did my own divorce, after the separation agreement was signed.

Here is the website with all the forms necessary and some documention on what forms need to be filed and when............as long as it is uncontested you should be done in a couple of months.

Family Law Rules Forms — Ontario Court Services

Obtaining an Uncontested Divorce in Ontario

Good Luck

Comment

Hi Mm,
      thank you very much. I'll check these sites and see if I can work it out. Much appreciated.

Comment

Your welcome Didit,

I remember it being very easy, I just went to courthouse and filed an application, served my ex with it, went back to the courthouse after 30 days and filed 2nd set of paperwork and waited for the judge to send me signed copy of divorce order..............that was in 2008 so I hope the rules have remained the same.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X