Any (Magic) Card Carrying Nerds here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any (Magic) Card Carrying Nerds here?

I have a suspicion there are some magic card carrying, D&D playing nerds here.

It's been years since I've played either. But I find it frustrating that somehow it became cool to be a nerd now (I blame the big bang theory)- when I was growing up in the 80s and 90s, it certainly was not. I was in mode 3 and me and my friends were thoroughly shunned by polite society.

My daughter is too young still- but next year, I'm hoping to go to comicon with her in cosplay. She's all about spiderman right now.

One thing I've never been is a gamer. My cousin, whom I'm really close to, is and she told me I should get into it. It looks like- at some point- I'll have more time on my hands...so maybe?

I'm Batman.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
      I'm Batman.
      I am Batman.

I AM BATAM.

I am Batman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpQinmmQ7Y4

Comment

I once owned a pair of moxes that I sold to some sucker for ten bucks.

(doh)

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
          I once owned a pair of moxes that I sold to some sucker for ten bucks.

(doh)
          Power Nine?!??

Comment

At least they weren't black lotus' or time walk.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mrloganrhoa...es-next-to-but

Comment

The fact you want to take a child under five to comic-con on your own in costume speaks volumes about your iron will. You are not a nerd or a geek. You are a superhero. Taking my nieces and nephews anywhere is a nightmare because jackets, car seats and tantrums!!

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                The fact you want to take a child under five to comic-con on your own in costume speaks volumes about your iron will. You are not a nerd or a geek. You are a superhero. Taking my nieces and nephews anywhere is a nightmare because jackets, car seats and tantrums!!
                The fact that you take your nieces and nephews anywhere speak volumes about you as well. My sister doesn't really volunteer to take my daughter out. Not cause she can't handle the tantrums, but because she's really afraid of her allergies. Which I get. I'm actually infinitely grateful to my ex's sister for the love and care she shows my daughter. I'm never afraid for her in her care- she's so good with her allergies. The loss of that friendship is one of the shittiest things about divorce.

I firmly believe that being the antithesis of 'cool' when I was at school helped me achieve more academically.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
                  Power Nine?!??
                  Yup.

Second to worst deal I ever made. Marriage obviously taking top spot in terms of sheer money lost.

Comment

Luckily the only issues my littles have is the ability to get through heavy doors and into parking lots or have major melt downs during inopportune times. Plus I only take two at a time. I love my aunty time. I wish I lived closer and could take them more!!

You can still encourage that relationship. Shes still your daughters aunt. She may actually want to be a part of her life. You don’t have to be friends. You can still volunteer kid to spend time with her. Especially as she gets older and is easier to “manage”. I would still want to be in their life if my brother separated from his wife.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X