Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Form 17A

Hi folks:

I have my first scheduled case conference in two weeks. Regarding some fields to be filled out in Form 17A, I request your assistance with respect to how they should be filled in.

First off, with respect to (page 2) PART 3: ISSUES FOR THIS CASE CONFERENCE question 11. What are the issues for this case conference? What are the important facts for this case conference?
    Mine reads as follows:
    Originally posted by Question #11
    Original order dated August 22, 2005, states on section 5, "Commencing on September 18, 2005 and on the 18th of every month thereafter, the M****** C*** shall pay to the mother K***** C***, child support for the child J***** C***."

Child support has been paid up to and including the present date of December 2016.

The child J***** C*** turned 18 on July 31, 2015. After J***** C*** turned 18, he has not been attending school full time.

Attached are a copy of his transcripts (Student Status Sheet) for 2015. (Exhibit 1)
    Ontario Student Transcript for 2016 (Exhibit 2)

Reviewing and comparing both transcripts indicates that he has not taken high school seriously failing a total of 9 classes from February 2012 to April 2015.

The 1st transcript dated June 3, 2015, indicates that J***** C*** had completed a total of 23.5 credits, for which to obtain his high school diploma he needed to complete an additional 6.5 credits totalling 30.
    The 2nd transcript dated September 15, 2016 indicates that for the entire 2015/2016 school year J***** C*** has only attained 1.5 credits, bringing his total credits to date to 25, still 5 short of completing his high school diploma.

Attached is a copy of the Student Timetable at P*** A********** N**** ISR for the 2016/2017 school year. (Exhibit 3)

The timetable indicates that J***** C*** is due to attend school on Monday's from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, with a lunch break from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm and on Friday's from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm; totalling 6 hours of class attendance per week.

On October 30, 2016, three days after filing the Motion to Change with the court, I M****** C***, emailed K***** C*** a Settlement Offer. K***** C*** replied on the same date declining the offer.
    Settlement offer proposal email dated October 30, 2016 at 3:30 PM. (Exhibit 4)
    Settlement Offer Refusal email response dated October 30, 2016 at 8:48 PM. (Exhibit 5)

I respectfully request that Your Honour apply the factors on Farden v. Farden, when determining the outcome of the case I have before the courts today.
    Joyce Irene Farden v. Lawrence William Farden, June 8, 1993, New Westminster, B. C. NO.D031221 (Exhibit 6)
    Is there anything in the above I can/should revise?

Now onto PART 5: PROCEDURAL ISSUES Question 17. Does any party need an order for the disclosure of documents, the questioning of witnesses, a property valuation or any other matter in this case?

Is this the question that should be filled in requesting the court to order the other party to submit report cards, progress reports and transcripts if ongoing child support is ordered?

I will be attaching print-offs of email exchanges between myself and the OP, along with the aforementioned transcripts and the Farden v. Farden case as exhibits.

Is there anything else I should revise?
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X