Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• court order for signing a document

Hello,
    My ex is court-ordered to sign a document (a consent form).
    He received the document to sign (special service, document delivered by a friend of mine).
    He refused to sign and provided the institution which required the signature with a statement explaining why he refuses. I cannot get a copy of that statement.
    The signature was required to obtain a federal document for the children.
    Can I file an emergency motion?
    Should I file a contempt motion?
    Should I send a letter to the administrative judge?

Please advise. Thank you.

Does your ex have a lawyer?
    What kind of federal document?

You should file a motion for contempt, and request as part of it an order removing his signature as a requirement. (AND/OR just bring the form TO the hearing, and ask that the judge order him to sign it right there). Also ask for your costs to be paid.

He refused to sign and provided the institution which required the signature with a statement explaining why he refuses. I cannot get a copy of that statement.
    YOU cannot. If necessary a judge can order it's release.

Comment

In my opinion it is not possible to order someone to consent.

The old joke is, "Here is your signature at the bottom of this blood stained confession."

If this were an order against me, I would not consider it to be to be enforcable and I would appeal.

I am not a lawyer and you may take my comments for what they are worth.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X