Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need guidance for form 36 (affadavit for divorce)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need guidance for form 36 (affadavit for divorce)

Hi

I'm planning to go to the courthouse tomorrow to file the following for a simple divorce which I started two months ago.

* 6B (affadivit of service)
    * 25A (court order)
    * 36 (affadavit for divorce)

I'm struggling on how to complete question 11, my ex and I are amicable and have 50-50 joint custody. Our separation agreement outlines that we both follow the guidelines (I pay her X, she pays me Y according to the federal tables)

Question 11 literally says 'the income of the parent paying support is $ and only covers the guidelines for one parent. Should I fill this in with just my information then put that the actual amount is the difference (then complete the section below to explain) or should I put both salaries $x /$y in 11a and the difference in 11c?

Any help here would be appreciated as I'd rather do this now than at the courthouse tomorrow morning

MrC

In section a) I put “dad’s name $x, moms name $y.” In section c) I put x-y=z. They granted the divorce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you!

I cant believe google has nothing on this.

Comment

Originally posted by MrC View Post
        Thank you!

I cant believe google has nothing on this.

Given how common 50/50 is, and that offset should occur then, their forms should reflect that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X