View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 10:46 AM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

100% agree with all of this.

Iíve been thinking a lot about how we - as a society- can start protecting women and children (and sometimes men too) better from violence during separation and in the months after. And the first thing is to cut down and eliminate (as much as possible) false allegations.

I went to at least 6 different family lawyers over the last 2 years. And almost all of them told me the same thing about DV- the courts are desensitized and it wonít matter what he was like to me. My current lawyer said that isnít true and it all depends on how I present the evidence of the DV and what my ex does after separation (e.g. anger management etc).

This is the narrative told to most victims of DV- that itís so hard to prove if there are no charges. And you it wonít matter till trial- IF you even have the money to get there.

There needs to be more protections in place as cases work through to trial- BUT it will only have real impact if the fake and false allegations are dealt with- swiftly and with a real force of law.

More of this. If youíre not ready to prove the allegations - or at least attest to them under oath, you donít get to use the spectre of DV as a way to obtain status quo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk