View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 09:04 AM
independentgal independentgal is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 241
independentgal is on a distinguished road

Are one of you making claim for undue hardship? Or are you requesting reduction in CS?

I would provide it if you have it. It will only help your case, not hinder it in my opinion. I know it is a gross invasion of privacy, but all disclosure generally is. I had to give all sorts of information that just galled me including my phone bills(including personal cell), personal banking records, list of money borrowed from family etc. etc. My ex never provided one of those things. We are going through a trial now, and the fact that he resisted disclosure has caused the judge to make an adverse inference to my ex.

Here is a recent case I found about reduction of child support. The exhusband won a reduction below the guidelines. It may give you some idea of how to go about your situation.

CanLII - 2009 CanLII 72027 (ON S.C.)