Question about online photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about online photos

I'm pretty sure what the answer will be but wanted to check. I recently came across a Facebook page for my ex-husbands gf. on there on the profile pics and other pics of my kids. I have sole custody and he wasn't even given access in the final order because he didn't even bother to file a reply. I have legitmate issues with this woman who has had her children were removed from the home so cas keeps a close eye on her. Am I i a position to demand she take the pictures down? I just do not want my kids associated with this woman if I can help it. I know its different in joint custody cases.

Any thoughts would be appecition. Thanks!

Maybe if you were going to court this could be an addon....

Comment

Oh I'm not going to court my partner is. I've been able to work with my ex even though I hate him for the best interests of the kids. Just not sure if I should rock the boat with this issue. We've never gone to court and won't go thankfully.

Comment

There's nothing you can do from a not wanting to be associated with her perspective. If it was harming the children in some way you could try to ask to have them removed but the burden of proof would be on you to show it is harming them.

Maybe you could try emailing the ex to let him know the photos are public and he could ask that she make them private. Whether she does or not will be up to her but you could ask.

Unless she's been barred from being around your children or children in general, or has been neglectful or abusive to your children there isn't anything CAS will do, or really that a court would do. Even if she takes the pics down it doesn't change the fact that she is a part of the kids lives when they are with dad.

Comment

Just a thought but why do you want them taken down?

It might be beneficial to be able to have a glimpse into what's happening with the children while they are with her, especially if she doesn't have access to her own children. I don't think I would complain because I would like to see pictures occasionally of what's happening with my kids at her house.

Comment

I didn't think of that SadandTired. Good point!

Blink - CAS set the rules for my kids being allowed to go there. She's not allowed to be alone with the kids, not allowed to discipline them and my ex is the one that has to feed them, bathe them, etc. When I heard that her kids had been removed I immediately called CAS to see if she was safe to be around kids and the worker and I came up with the ground rules.

Comment

She lost her kids but puts pix of yours online. I would ask her to take the pix off the net.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iceberg View Post
                She lost her kids but puts pix of yours online. I would ask her to take the pix off the net.
                And if she doesn't? There is little that can be done about it

Comment

I promise you, OP, in 10 years you won't care. You'll have your feet up in front of the fireplace with your hubby and the kids will all be where they should be and these extremely annoying details...Just Won't Matter. Blink and Sad are correct - we have to let most of the water slide off our backs.
                  Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X