Travel Consent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
    Just an FYI you and your ex will need to sign a document that there are no travel restrictions. Or provide a court order that states just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I've mentioned this to my lawyer as a change to review for our next court date.

Comment

Do you not need passports if you are going to debark from the ship at port of calls?

Comment

You need a passport to get on the ship. It's mandatory

Comment

Makes sense - most ships are registered in other countries.

Had a friend who cautioned her parents they needed a visa when going from N Ireland to Australia. They insisted they didn't. Went all the way there and almost weren't allowed to enter - had to get a lawyer and have people in Australia vouch for them. That was several years ago. I don't believe they would be allowed in today without proper paperwork.

Crazy you have to go through this FB. Hope you nail her with costs for this.

Comment

I've asked for costs.. I've kept track of every second I've spent on this. Not sure it will help but I'm definitely going to present them.

I saw her last night and today dropping kids off at school. She never gave me any paperwork.

I really have to wonder what a DRO and Judge are going to do. They have absolutely nothing but a one line statement that she disagrees. No affidavit. No justification. No case conference brief.... Nothing...

It's such a waste of time.

Comment

I've kept track of the time I've spent on this case, filing out paperwork and the time filing it at the court.

Can somebody point me in the right direction on how to organize and present this to a judge as a self rep.

I've spent about 12 hours on it so far. How do I determine what hourly rate to attribute to this? I've heard $100/hr for self rep is acceptable but that seems high to me. I was thinking of just putting what I actually make per hour.

I just want to be ready to have something to present to the judge regarding costs if given the opportunity.

Thoughts?

Thanks

EDIT: just to confirm my ex never filed a case conference brief. I can't imagine this will go well for her tomorrow.
              Last edited by FB_; 10-05-2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Perhaps refer (and cite) workingdad's case & costs award? He was self-represented.

Comment

Heading to court in a bit. I find it a bit challenging to know how this will go since the only paperwork she has filed in this matter simply states that she "disagrees"

I will be arriving prepared with the travel consent ready to sign if she so chooses. Otherwise I'll try and get a motion before Nov 1st since that's when my final payment for the trip is due.

Anyway. I'll let you all know how it goes.

FB

Comment

I hope you get it signed today. Good luck!

Comment

Nothing got resolved today so we are moving forward with a motion.

DRO had many questions for her and not so many for me. He seemed satisfied will all my answers and not so satisfied with hers. Although he did say he couldn't really say which way it would go. That being said he flat out told her she cant go to motion with "I disagree", she needs to provide proof that going on this trip will harm their education.

She made many accusations about me to the DRO and he just ignored it. Although the funniest of them all was that I have blackmailed her into signing the previous travel consents. She forgot she signed the first one in front of the DRO (Exact same one). I brought that up and she had nothing to say to him about that.

Basically I'm a bully and I blackmail her into everything and I don't follow our court order.

That's my side... I'm sure she has another story to tell.

I've started the paperwork and looks like the motion will be next Friday.

FB

Comment

Keep track of ALL of your time and be sure to ask for costs. Sorry you didn't get things resolved today.

At least you don't have to wait long for the motion.

Comment

You have teacher's approval?

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
                            You have teacher's approval?
                            No... I'll call tomorrow but you can be positive they won't put it in writing

Comment

Send the teacher an email to reply to!

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                                Send the teacher an email to reply to!

They are no allowed to give out their email to parents.

I had to send in some documents and I asked if I could email then and they said no. So I had to fax them.

That's my main concern... They will absolutely not put it in writing so what's the point.

The other thing that concerns me is my ex is very close with the school and teachers. She's on Mat leave so she sees them almost everyday. So if I approach them they'll probably say something to her and all hell will break loose.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X