No announcement yet.

being a male, will possibly get spousal support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I will continue to say that an ex should not be able to turn the other ex into a piggybank because he/she sat at home after the kids began school or earns less money for whatever reason.

Just because it is what it is doesn't make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      When someone...
      You really didn't need to give us your life story to justify your position. Point being you went after spousal support and got money from your ex because you were entitled to it. Just as is the gentleman here.

Comment

So lets see if I understand this. If a female gets SS then she is a leech etc. When a man wants it, its okay with the same people who disagree with a female getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
          So lets see if I understand this. If a female gets SS then she is a leech etc. When a man wants it, its okay with the same people who disagree with a female getting it.

My point exactly

Comment

another ?

op here
            starting to pick my wifes brain of what she wants...she is agreement of joint custody...started talking finance and she has lots in rrsp and savings...for curious sake ,,am i entitled to some of that ..
            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jays2017 View Post
              op here
              starting to pick my wifes brain of what she wants...she is agreement of joint custody...started talking finance and she has lots in rrsp and savings...for curious sake ,,am i entitled to some of that ..
              thanks
              short answer....yes

You both need to do a financial statement.

Comment

Whatever was accumulated during the marriage is considered a joint asset and will be assessed and split accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by jays2017 View Post
                  op here
                  thanks
                  You really need to do some basic research.

Here are a couple of my old posts to get you started:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...tml#post158054

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...02/#post150331

Comment

Honestly, I just want the men to go for it in court, because generally they get shot down and it creates more case law against unnecessary SS.

Eventually women will stop getting unnecessary SS, or men will start getting SS making some pissed off women who will effectively rally to stop unnecessary SS. Either way, justice wins!

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                      Honestly, I just want the men to go for it in court, because generally they get shot down and it creates more case law against unnecessary SS.

Eventually women will stop getting unnecessary SS, or men will start getting SS making some pissed off women who will effectively rally to stop unnecessary SS. Either way, justice wins!
                      I like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post

Eventually, women will stop getting unnecessary SS, or men will start getting SS making some pissed off women who will effectively rally to stop unnecessary SS. Either way, justice wins!
                        Interesting position. I can't say I disagree with your position.

Comment

response

short answer....yes

You both need to do a financial statement.
                          really not fair for my wife if we have to split her rrsps and savings...as i basically have nothing from savings as most of the money i had was to pay off quickly the mortgage with her...i know she has lots of savings and rrsp..and to have that possibly split in two..i dont think she will like that...but on the other hand i have a pension through work..so she can go after that...through my work we have the employee assistance program and just got off with a law person who asks about my situation and mentions have good chance for sposal support but that was just a 10 minute chat on the phone ..thant law person than refers you to another lawyer which i will meet tomorrow for 30 minutes face to face ,,what things should i bring up on my 30 minute constulation...i am greatful to have found this site as the people on here have been very greatful...

Comment

Again, any assets accumulated during the marriage will be considered joint and split. This includes the house which you helped pay off and the savings, rrsps and pensions. You will need to go about getting information on your pension.

Dont go in there telling the lawyer you WANT ss, go in asking how you go about the process and what the best and worst case scenarios are.

Going through a congenial divorce where you can actually agree on things will save you money. You could also try mediation before court action which will also save you money.

Remember that any money you would have walked away with will be eaten up by your legal fees. Difficult divorces and custody disputes START at about 15-25 grand. You could be looking at paying a lawyer in the range of 30 if you want to be difficult and go after what you think you deserve versus what you actually deserve.

Comment

Life could be so easy if you just sat down as 2 educated adults and worked out a plan. Sell,the big family home both purchase equitable properties in the same school zone. Agree to a 1 week on/off schedule. Calculate the offset child support and split all,the benefits.

Sort out your personal possessions and the household furniture and move on. FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN

Work out your current pension value vs the income that could be garnished from your wife’s RRSPs and create an equalized plan.

OH and take the $30-40k you will waste in court each as a down payment on your new homes.

OR

YOU CAN GO TO COURT, WITH LAWYERS firing on full pistol and waste 40K each and your kids suffer.

Honestly no one wi s when you are fighting through lawyers for stuff. You can purchase more stuff, save more money and learn to live within your means. But you can never give back to your child the sense of security they feel when parent s are working things out in their best interest.

You don’t want to drag your children through this.
                              Last edited by Beachnana; 10-17-2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Except for it's the other way around. When a man wants SS, he doesn't get it. The same set of facts reversed, the women get's SS. So yes, the women is a leech because she knows she will get it, like a leech.

I think it has something to do with the bias of the system.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X