This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflict of Interest

I am currently in a fight to have my daughter returned to me. The lawyer for the opposing party has removed herself from the case due to a conflict of interest. She had been filing infomation about my Spouse (also one of her clients in the past) in a negative and slanderous manner. Is anything she has done now void. Can I have it all thrown out and request that none of that infomation can be used again.

Secondly, there is currently no court dates, and no orders in place. Can I restart my own proceedings where I live? The child lived here to start with, the ex filed a motion without notice out of jurisdiction when I had cancer and was unable to travel, it has come to my attention that to should not have been allowed. HELP!

He has now moved, won't disclose the location of my child, refuses to allow a phone call and will not allow me to see my child. What can I do?
    He also made sure he got ahold of the list of Family Law Lawyers and spoke to every one of them, then laughed try to get anything done now.

Anyone? All I want if for her to come home.

WOW!
    My suggestion is to get a lawyer out of town. Make a list of all the lawyers you contacted and which ones he had spoken to. It will show what he did to prevent you from getting counsel and if it goes to trial he will have to pay the extra costs for travel.

You need to file and emergency motion to get access to your child. You wil need a lawyer for that. He has really messed with you, but a good lawyer should be able to help. Where do you live? Maybe someone on here knows a lawyer they can recommend?

Comment

Its awful.How old is the child?.
      Since there are no custody orders in place he has an equal right but without disclosing her location etc is not acceptable.
      My ex did the almost the same thing ,police refused to help me as there were no court orders but my lawyer filed an emergency motion and same day he was ordered to bring back the child.
      Last edited by sufferer; 02-19-2010, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X